Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I had a dream where there was a game that was like monopoly and a rubix cube together. How could this be made to actually work? :thunk:

edit:

The cube is the board. There's a fixed circuit on the board (each face might not be 3x3). The cube can be twisted and a player piece on a tile shifts onto another circuit when the twist happens.

edit:

Only the outer bits matter. there's no inner bits. Maybe include all the parts of a monopoly board but on different faces.

e:

A google search tells me that there are 40 squares on a monopoly board. 8 tiles on the face of a cube multiplied by 6 faces gives 48.
So that would imply more blank spaces. Maybe that's not a problem?

e:

What if you had to pay money to twist the board? Hmm...?

e:

Or it could be that every so many turns an auction takes place to determine who gets to twist it and players bid for the right to twist?

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Prurient Squid posted:

I had a dream where there was a game that was like monopoly and a rubix cube together. How could this be made to actually work? :thunk:

Sounds sort of like WizWar, OP

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Prurient Squid posted:

A google search tells me that there are 40 squares on a monopoly board. 8 tiles on the face of a cube multiplied by 6 faces gives 48.
So that would imply more blank spaces. Maybe that's not a problem?

take a side tile on each face and mark them as chance or community chest (3 each). draw a card if this space is kissing another of the same type, otherwise it's a dead space

e: this 100% doesn't work oops lmao

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust
the monopoloy/rubix remix