Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

move to florida and join a pentecostal church, this is the best combination of political and spiritual role modelling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

ensure your children feel guilty, scared, and anxious around you at all times so you can closely control their behaviour and thoughts. this will set them up well for future relationships personal and professional

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Slap a Crapple Vision+ on them from birth so they get used to being part of the Metaverse right from the start

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Treasure every moment. Our lives are all too brief.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Kid leash

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Teach them to say really sexually inappropriate stuff to other adults. When they get in trouble and ostracized but they don't know what they did wrong, it's super loving funny. Great for self esteem, they'll never develop trust issues.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Light up shoes that make loud electronic noises with every step

Oh wait that's funny grandparent advice

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"Rub some dirt on it"

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
You should move your family into a super cursed old fixer upper, they are often resonably priced and with a newborn you will have SO much time to renovate. And dont forget to childproof :keke:
both the basement and the attic :keke: :keke:

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

True parents lay on their death beds silently so that someone else has to tell the kid "they really did love you" at their funeral

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It depends on how you accept the bare minimum

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Donald Trump escaping prison like Gale and Evelle in Raising Arizona

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Donald Trump escaping prison like Gale and Evelle in Raising Arizona

Mind you don't cut yourself Zacariah!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Making a baby is fun
Having one, less so

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

dammit I didn't even notice I clicked the wrong thread

Raising Arizona is parenting-related tho

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
A fun game is to take a shot of vodka every time the baby cries. The first year will just fly by. Not remembering it is something you and the kid can bond over later

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

duck trucker posted:

Your hormones will make you more tuned to their cries than you realize. You really can sleep when they sleep you'll wake up when they start making noise.

Only buy like, 5 outfits/toys for them, you'll probably get overwhelmed by hand-me-downs from other parents desperate to get rid of poo poo.
Clothes are the only retail therapy you can force them into.

Which is coincidentally where all the hand me downs will come from.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Blue Footed Booby posted:

the lamination of their women.

:raise:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Icochet posted:

A fun game is to take a shot of vodka every time the baby cries. The first year will just fly by. Not remembering it is something you and the kid can bond over later

This guy Dads

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I have twofold advice. The first part is that kids are honestly more reasonable than you think. Actually explaining why you are doing or want to do something helps. Telling them to do or not to do something goes a lot better when they know why. And when it comes to food actually ask them if they know what they do or don't like about it.

I found out they didn't like roast vegetables because the roasting tasted too bitter to them. But if I steamed some veg and tossed it in some salt he chowed down like a motherfucker. Weirdly he loved pan fried brussel sprouts in butter and garlic. Little dude loved vegetables if they were prepared right, but would have a kid meltdown if they weren't and talking to him helped me figure out why.

The second part is that sometimes kids are just little loving shits who can't be reasoned with and you need to cut your losses.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

I have twofold advice. The first part is that kids are honestly more reasonable than you think. Actually explaining why you are doing or want to do something helps. Telling them to do or not to do something goes a lot better when they know why. And when it comes to food actually ask them if they know what they do or don't like about it.

I found out they didn't like roast vegetables because the roasting tasted too bitter to them. But if I steamed some veg and tossed it in some salt he chowed down like a motherfucker. Weirdly he loved pan fried brussel sprouts in butter and garlic. Little dude loved vegetables if they were prepared right, but would have a kid meltdown if they weren't and talking to him helped me figure out why.

The second part is that sometimes kids are just little loving shits who can't be reasoned with and you need to cut your losses.

That's why I only deal with them from the Beta site, off world.

Aug 6, 2023

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
If your kid asks your permission to do something and you don't want them to do it, tell them to ask their mother and they'll probably say no. Then you don't have to be the bad guy.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Teach them to mow the yard correctly

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

syntaxfunction posted:

giving them a time frame is super useful, like 'in five minutes we're gonna go' also given them choices 'ok you want this thing or that thing' when really you dont' care a whit which thing they pick

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"Rub some dirt on it and stop crying"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

If your child has problems at school don’t worry - just schedule a meeting with the teacher and scream at them.

There are a multitude of reasons a child might be struggling in school and not one of them is due to the YOUR parenting. The louder you scream at their teacher, the better!

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Well I wanted a boy, but you're tough so I guess you'll do

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Treasure every moment. Our lives are all too brief.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Go back in time and kill the Wright Brothers and Henry Ford so your children won't inherit a hosed Earth they'll resent you for being cursed to live in.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Teach them how to remain positive in the face of adversity

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Don’t let them have any screen time.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Sophy Wackles posted:

Don’t let them have any screen time.

lol yeah. In 2023, block all screens in the world. should be easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

git apologist posted:

ensure your children feel guilty, scared, and anxious around you at all times so you can closely control their behaviour and thoughts. this will set them up well for future relationships personal and professional

God damnit, Mom! Stop posting here! You know you don’t understand humor!