Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Problem description: So trying to do computer setup for my mom's work because she's working from home and I have no idea why this stupid LG monitor won't turn on. There's no HDMI slot on the desktop, but there is on the back of the monitor, and we have one HDMI cord and one display cord that's an Amazon basic (they spent good money) that does plug into the monitor and has two ports on the back of the PC.

The monitor does pop on long enough to say no signal, and then goes to sleep. It is not set for HDMI according to the little settings wheel that pops up if I try enough times to power it on.

And why the hell is a power button on the underside of the monitor and not in the front.

Attempted fixes: restarted PC, plugged in the d cord to either outlet in the back. There's no HDMI adapter included so I can't try that cord and there's no HDMI slot on the back of the computer.

Recent changes: new setup, have not even powered the PC on yet

--

Operating system: unknown but probably windows 10

System specs: no idea, some lovely pocket PC called 10zig.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

So the monitor and the 10zig have DisplayPort? If it's not working that would probably mean the 10zig or the cord itself has an issue.

Trying another cord is an option. Another option would be to try a DP to HDMI converter.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Some monitors (apple especially) don't power on until hdmi is detected.

I am also a bit confused by your post. Do you have any way of hooking up the 10zig? It reads like you just don't have it plugged in? Sorry for my denseness