Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

My grandmas house basement had a dirt floor and like 5 foot high ceilings and was wall to wall spiders, and I was never sure still if it was scarier than the attic with the bats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Speaking of suburban houses: basements are the yin to the front yard's raging yang

No one hangs out in the front lawn, it's not a comfortable space

Basements are where the most comfortably debauched things occur

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Why does it smell like farts

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Where's that pic of a goon cave that's just on tarps in the dirt crawl space under a house?

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
Hey buddy come by my place if you want to get a snooter full of that good old mildew like gramma used to grow. For the full experience come on a day where there was thunder or fireworks and you might just get a whiff straight off the cat.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
It's the smell of Gain. It just penetrates the basement.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

The vaccine sheds antifungal agents to stop the growth of cumshrooms. Since nobody could smell for a year or two we didn't notice the smell went away.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
there used to be a guy who'd go around and sneak into peoples basements and do some kinda weird ritual to create that basement odor. He died in '09 though and frankly the world hasn't been quite the same

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Revins posted:

there used to be a guy who'd go around and sneak into peoples basements and do some kinda weird ritual to create that basement odor. He died in '09 though and frankly the world hasn't been quite the same

This is that guy

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
breaking out the classics are we? don't mind if i do.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Smells like updog. :dukedog:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chinatown posted:

breaking out the classics are we? don't mind if i do.

:hellyeah:

i just took my huge CRT viewsonic that had been in my BASEMENT for more than decade to the recyling place

i would have kept it, maybe, but in those 10+ years it got a crack down the screen

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

Thesaurus posted:

This is that guy

zoinks

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

No goddamnit YOU guys are supposed to ask, "what's updog?" and then I smugly reply "nothin much what's up with you?"

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Thesaurus posted:

This is that guy

Gottfrid Svartholm, one of the Pirate Bay founders

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Thesaurus posted:

This is that guy

I'm the dildo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I am from California and basements are a myth, like snow and working public transportation

actually I know of exactly one home with a basement in the entire loving state. :tinfoil: gently caress being underground in California :tinfoil:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
take it to teh gbs basement megathread......

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
Smells like teen spirit and mouse turds.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

maybe your palette has changed, op.

e.g. i figure you didn't smoke much tobacco weed as a child, but i may be wrong

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

In college we put a strong box fan in a wood frame cut to perfectly fit the fireplace and would close all the doors to make it as much as a vacuum as we could so we could smoke blunts in the basement and most of the smoke would go right up the chimney it worked pretty well actually

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

maybealabia posted:

Why does it smell like farts

Don't sign your posts.

Also, we don't have basements hereabouts but somehow I know what basements smell like how weird is that

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Get to tha Root Cellah Dorothy!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Harry_Potato posted:

Smells like teen spirit and mouse turds.

Turn on your smellovision

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
Does your basement smell of boxes of Penthouse Mags with wrinkled pages. If so, is there anything you can do? Asking for a friend.

naem
May 29, 2011

houses in the past were meant to be disposable and then we lived in them for too long because no one can afford new ones anymore

like american post ww2 mid century bungalows had a slot to just drop your razor blade behind the wall

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol that owns

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

My basement is super nice. I've got a full workout space down there. Weights, heavy bag, elliptical, padded floor. It's great!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Go back to CBS

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dixville posted:

I'm the dildo

What the gently caress did we say about signing posts

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

If your basement doesn't smell like stale cum, I don't know what to tell you.

Overdog
Jul 12, 2023

by CVG

goon lair, goon layers. :hmmyes:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've just started a Private PI career, and sketchy basements are on my list.

Delicate Stranger
Nov 16, 2006
check duplicates, wet sawdust, a mouse that you a will find few months later in the bottom of a one liter mason jar that was left upright in the storage closet and come to find out you weren't hallucinating skittering noises even if your mom's hearing was blasted by her thrice weekly hair curling afternoon down in the basement with the tv so loud you could hear it outside of the house so it's no wonder that she couldn't even hear it when you did, and potting soil for the garden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

BigBadSteve posted:

If your basement doesn't smell like stale cum, I don't know what to tell you.

My spankatorium smells of Jurgens and utter failure.