Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

wizard or something, rad

idk why people say ikea is hard to assemble, you just follow the steps and then you have a furniture. i have assembled upwards of ten entire ikea things in my life and it has always been a very straightforward process

one time i had to make a non-ikea flatpack furniture and that had a problem, because they had a bad instruction:

after assembling the whole body, including the base which sticks out, they told you to nail the backing on. this is a bad and wrong way to do things, this is basically writing "ok next please break your particle board bookcase with a hammer, we have set it up nicely for you to break it"

this was a work thing and i was putting two or three together, so for the following one(s) i did it this way instead

nailing the backing on and then attaching the base afterwards makes for a much better bookcase than intentionally breaking the bookcase 90% of the way through the construction, imo

anyway once again this wasn't an ikea product, never had porblem with those

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

i only buy from highkea

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Dumb Sex-Parrot
What sort of freaky furniture has the bottom sticking out like that?

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

biosterous

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

What sort of freaky furniture has the bottom sticking out like that?

a bookshelf, so it can't fall forwards as easily. it didn't stick out that far but i'm bad at drawing

gallery of sigs

he/him

2023:

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
i've never even been to an ikea and basically all my furniture is hand-me-downs or garage sale fare. yes, i am nearly 40 years old, why do you ask?

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust
it wasn't hard to build my ikea computer chair

but to be fair, it's a chair

Macnult

yea i get that some people may not be as handy as others but it’s literally a store with one-way traffic and assembly instructions that are the adult equivalent to legos

Macnult

you were six years old putting together lego sets that said “ages 12+” don’t let yourself be defeated by a swedish bookshelf

FreshCutFries

Macnult posted:

you were six years old putting together lego sets that said “ages 12+” don’t let yourself be defeated by a swedish bookshelf

Ass-penny

Macnult posted:

Ass-penny

biosterous I think you are ready for the next step, which is assembling IKEA furniture an hour after taking two (2) tabs of LSD, I'll be looking forward to your report

Manifisto

I tell you what these Tørsten chairs were pretty easy to assemble but honestly after a few hours they're slightly uncomfortable

ty nesamdoom!

Ass-penny

Manifisto posted:

I tell you what these Tørsten chairs were pretty easy to assemble but honestly after a few hours they're slightly uncomfortable

not if you're Kirk Johnson

biosterous

rear end-penny posted:

biosterous I think you are ready for the next step, which is assembling IKEA furniture an hour after taking two (2) tabs of LSD, I'll be looking forward to your report

if you provide the materials i will do the science

gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

Ikea is much easier to assemble than it is to keep from falling apart.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
everyone else assembling Ikea furniture:

me, an intellectual:

Escape From Noise

I have Nitori here so I don't have to gently caress with that cheap Swedish crap.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Ass-penny

Escape From Noise posted:

that cheap Swedish crap.

that was my nickname in highschool

biosterous

canyoneer posted:

everyone else assembling Ikea furniture:

me, an intellectual:

:haibrower:

gallery of sigs