Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Step forward: we hear
That you are a good man.
You cannot be bought, but the lightning
Which strikes the house, also
Cannot be bought.
You hold to what you said.
But what did you say?
You are honest, you say your opinion.
Which opinion?
You are brave.
Against whom?
You are wise.
For whom?
You do not consider your personal advantages.
Whose advantages do you consider then?
You are a good friend.
Are you also a good friend of the good people?

Hear us then: we know.
You are our enemy. This is why we shall
Now put you in front of a wall. But in consideration of your merits and good qualities
We shall put you in front of a good wall and shoot you
With a good bullet from a good gun and bury you
With a good shovel in the good earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Weka posted:

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword."
Mathew 10:34

The great majority of scholars interpret this passage to mean the schism and ideological tension that Jesus' ministry began, along with the death by martyrdom of most of the Apostles.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ohtori Akio posted:

The great majority of scholars interpret this passage to mean the schism and ideological tension that Jesus' ministry began, along with the death by martyrdom of most of the Apostles.

The great majority of scholars are adherents of Roman churches so for them to call for non-violence is a joke. Personally I don't think organizations which have supported genocide really "get" Jesus' message.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Weka posted:

The great majority of scholars are adherents of Roman churches so for them to call for non-violence is a joke. Personally I don't think organizations which have supported genocide really "get" Jesus' message.

It's true that many Christians have rejected the teachings of Christ in favor of a delicious taste of political violence.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

christ was an anarchist, which is why his movement was easily co-opted by the empire

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Zodium struck down from above. a sign?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Fluffdaddy loves political violence, and he should post tips and tricks in the thread.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think we should bring back the time when members of Congress would get in fistfights and do pistol duels.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I think we should bring back the time when members of Congress would get in fistfights and do pistol duels.

run on that platform. be the vchange you want to see in the world

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
all violence is political, ergo politics is violence and we must abolish it to be just

Weka
May 5, 2019

tokin opposition posted:

all violence is political, ergo politics is violence and we must abolish it to be just

no we should have more politics because of this

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Are you a bad enough dude to post in the political violence thread?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Speleothing posted:

Wow.......kinda epic. But I can't say I endorse it. Do you?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Oh, certainly not

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
I feel a newfound sense of peace descending upon me for reasons that I cannot articulate

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

thats pretty epic man

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Speleothing posted:

hadn't seen this one lol

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

thats pretty epic man

No, it's not!

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Zodium posted:

christ was an anarchist, which is why his movement was easily co-opted by the empire

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Hey, quick question here: is it political violence if someone trashes a cop car or burns some couches in the street after a major sporting event?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Speleothing posted:

Hey, quick question here: is it political violence if someone trashes a cop car or burns some couches in the street after a major sporting event?

depends which teams were playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Speleothing posted:

(..)
is it political violence if someone trashes a cop car
(..)

"Hate crime"
__/