Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just saw, and, LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gently caress OFF PHIL

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

*in the voice of Rick Rude from FCI Presents WCW SuperBrawl for the Super Nintendo*

the softest man alive

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/smittythediver/status/1698159229184409767

dave mindcontrolled punk to attack tk

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

:lmao:

Also :lol:

Also forever:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
CM Punk got his whole dick and balls destroyed, fought a kid, and got fired. rip.

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

This deserves the AEW discussion thread first post imo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

CM Punk got his whole dick and balls destroyed, fought a kid, and got fired. rip.

lol

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Perhaps my biggest lament is that there's no reason for Mox to cut another promo on Punk on Dynamite. :(

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

*in the voice of Rick Rude from FCI Presents WCW SuperBrawl for the Super Nintendo*

the softest man alive

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

the softest man alive

*Dustin to Tony Khan*
no second chance

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Punk fans are so loving deranged lol.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
CM Punk to NWA cutting Harley Race promos with the belt talking about how this is the belt of the Funkasaurus

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Lid posted:

CM Punk to NWA cutting Harley Race promos with the belt talking about how this is the belt of the Funkasaurus

Gets into a fight with EC3 backstage immediately after EC3 tries to tell him about the “Big Spice” conspiracy.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

A Fancy Hat posted:

Gets into a fight with EC3 backstage immediately after EC3 tries to tell him about the “Big Spice” conspiracy.

cm punk is controlling his narrative

managed by nick hausman

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Unlucky7 posted:

Was Punk always this difficult? Was there like a turning point where he became insufferable or is it like a boiling frog situation where things happen and you could look away until you couldn't then you look back and you realize that it was always like this?

He was always a dick but it was cool back when he was in his 20s since he was fighting against the establishment. Then it was great in WWE because he had real grievances that we as fans did too and it felt like he was going to change stuff. He didn’t but when he got fired it was still a pretty huge “gently caress wwe” thing and it felt like he was again 100% justified in hating people for it.

It’s decidedly less cool to act this way in your 40s, especially when you become the establishment.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/168dd2o/dynamite_september_15_2021_cm_punks_comment_about/

yes yesssssssssssssss

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Current Punk to 2021 Punk: “DO WE HAVE A PROBLEM?!?”

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Of course he is, who would pay money for him?

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

FullMetalJackoff posted:

*Dustin to Tony Khan*
no second chance

*Dax Harwood*
“IT’S NOT MY FAULT”

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Hat posted:

He was always a dick but it was cool back when he was in his 20s since he was fighting against the establishment. Then it was great in WWE because he had real grievances that we as fans did too and it felt like he was going to change stuff. He didn’t but when he got fired it was still a pretty huge “gently caress wwe” thing and it felt like he was again 100% justified in hating people for it.

It’s decidedly less cool to act this way in your 40s, especially when you become the establishment.

With the benefit of hindsight I honestly find it kinda chilling how 2010's Punk said to Cena "YOU HAVE BECOME THE NEW YORK YANKEES" and at the time it was this huge hammer blow of a promo line and at this point Punk could be talking about himself. The following people all hate CM Punk or at least think he's a dick with no self-awareness:

-Jon Moxley
-Samoa Joe
-John Cena
-Vince McMahon
-Triple H
-Eddie Kingston
-The Young Bucks
-Kenny Omega
-MAYBE Cody Rhodes(?)

Seriously look at that list. Is there any other person in the entirety of wrestling who is disliked by all those people at the same time?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

punk's gonna ask to come back to the fed and Vince is just gonna play his own theme into the phone

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
cm punk's brain while getting into a row with jungle jack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8aoHCCW35A

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Thr year still isn't done yet, Punk has plenty of time to do something even dumber and way funnier

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

FOR CAUSE LMAO JUST LMAO

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Punk just dropped his new theme for the indies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbd4YMBY4WM

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Punk always knew what he was doing and pushed it as far as he thought he could get away with. Had the world at his feet, given the keys to the kingdom and couldn’t help but get drunk with power to the max.

Can’t believe I didn’t check my phone before bed.

https://youtu.be/qVFUgYfLhZI?si=35XG0TyXslTLVuA6

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Punk gone, so what

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
its too bad everyone knows hes straight edge. he could have pulled the "oh i need rehab" card and gotten away with it. silly phil

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
"hey joe are you still working for AEW?"

"yeah"

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbUskcdM3hg

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
punk is like if chappelle had way better politics but also fumbled the bag at netflix

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
for cause. lol. lmao :lol:

goldmine this thread mods tyia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

It's great that Punk is finally out of AEW so we no longer have to pretend he was looking out for the younger wrestlers but I feel like there's still one mystery left unsolved. What happened with Brody King? Did he punch the wall or did he kick the garbage can? Why was he punching or kicking in the first place? All reports seem to agree that he struck something but they're making it sound like he was either punching the wall like a child throwing a tantrum or kicking a garbage can like he learned about foraging from playing Streets of Rage. And yes I know, it's possible he was just moshing to the new Incendiary.