Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Have you ever felt like there was an image you found on Imgur or Reddit that didn't fit perfectly into a thread? Did you ever feel like we don't post enough links to Twitter posts? Do you find both the prior things stupid and would like to compile some wholly new, wholly innovative list?

Well now's the time to try! From August 25th, 2023, to September 29th, 2023, we're holding a competition for the freshest, funniest, cutest, grossest, strangest, most other -est, new threads here in PYF (and PMF). Take this time to try out a PYF concept we all know you've been cooking up your whole life!

What do I get for posting a new thread?
Link your new thread here in this thread to indicate you're submitting it for the competition, and you'll get a gang tag!

Just that?
Well, this is a competition, so after the :siren: initial submission period from August 25th to September 15th :siren: we'll hold a vote for the best new threads.

:siren: Voting will take place in this thread from September 16th to September 29th. :siren:

Winners can unlock special gang tags!

Best New Thread OP:

Cutest New Thread:

Most Interesting/Innovative/Funny New Thread:

Best New Post My Favorite Thread:

So only the winners of the vote get a special gang tag?
Second place winners also get a special gang tag!

What are the qualifications, terms, and conditions for what counts in each category at the time of voting?
We leave it fully to your discretion. You all have fantastic judgement.

:siren: Remember to link your new thread here so that we know you want it to be included in the competition, and so that it's further promoted and grows into a big strong threadmon! :siren:

Ready?

Set

Post!

E- a good question was raised: if you do not want a gang tag, you can just say you'd like to opt out of that. Your new threads are still welcome and sure to be exciting!

Nuns with Guns has a new favorite as of 18:29 on Aug 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lol that Philippe tag

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I made this

pyf thing you made

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Virtual Tourism: Photos of other countries and their beautiful cultures

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Sally posted:

lol that Philippe tag

Philippe (the mod) suggested the text, and then I couldn't stop thinking about that "Liebot what is the saddest thing?" comic as her remark bounced around in my head.

And thank you both for the entries so far! I will figure out how to add gang tags tonight.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
I had an idea for a thread like a month ago and I remember thinking, "Ooh, I wish that was a thing!" but the following month sandblasted it completely out of my head, I wish I could remember what it was now

hot sauce pee hole
May 18, 2023

My humble submission.

pyf shirt

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Owl at Home posted:

I had an idea for a thread like a month ago and I remember thinking, "Ooh, I wish that was a thing!" but the following month sandblasted it completely out of my head, I wish I could remember what it was now

Suggestion: Post Your Favorite PYF Thread Topic Idea Thread

:twisted:

hot sauce pee hole posted:

My humble submission.

pyf shirt

I love shirts. They're comfy and easy to wear!

Nuns with Guns has a new favorite as of 17:03 on Sep 3, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Finally got around to putting one together: PYF childhood toys and playsets :yum:

e: I didn't get my own thread title wrong, you got my own thread title wrong

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 19:30 on Sep 3, 2023

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Finally got around to putting one together: PYF childhood toys and playsets :yum:

e: I didn't get my own thread title wrong, you got my own thread title wrong

I love it, thank you for your contribution! :)

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Hey, I didn't see that just starting a thread would result in a gangtag too - I think I'd prefer to not have it, if that's okay for someone to remove it? Thanks :unsmith:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

eating only apples posted:

Hey, I didn't see that just starting a thread would result in a gangtag too - I think I'd prefer to not have it, if that's okay for someone to remove it? Thanks :unsmith:

Oh no problem, I'll clear it off!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I got enough gang tags but I also wanted to use my buttons for good instead of evil as part of a rehabilitation of my image so the account is worth more on the dark web later. To that end here is a thread where you can post a cute pic and force the poster above you to touch grass for 6 hours while they contemplate the pic. It will also bestow upon you the ability to touch grass and ponder an image at a later date.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Y'all know you don't HAVE to get the golden manbaby gang tag, right? You can submit your thread and ask to skip it.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yeah, sure, I'll join. I've had this idea for a bit so this felt like a good reason to post it.

PYF stuff you thought were fancy as a kid (but really weren't)

And since I like the simplicity of my current avatar and gang tag, I will opt out of the manbaby one. Not like I need a tag for that anyway I mean what

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

KennyMan666 posted:

Yeah, sure, I'll join. I've had this idea for a bit so this felt like a good reason to post it.

PYF stuff you thought were fancy as a kid (but really weren't)

And since I like the simplicity of my current avatar and gang tag, I will opt out of the manbaby one. Not like I need a tag for that anyway I mean what

Sorry about the delay! It looks like an awesome thread. I'll stick it for visibility! :)

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

My humble submission.

pyf shirt

Hey, I PMed everyone else who posted a thread, but it looks like you don't have platinum, so I figured I'd just reply here as an update! The new threads are all cool, though since we didn't get a lot of submissions and we want to thank everyone who participated.

Do you think you'd like one of the following?

-a custom platinum icon, like some of the mods and other users have. The ones available are: a feather, hammer & sickle, anarchy symbol, and pentagram. If you'd like one of those just say which one and I can ask an admin to give it to you.

-an avatar or gang tag of your choice, like one of the gang tags offered for the competition or elsewhere on the forums, or or if you want an avatar I can see about uploading it.

-another forum's upgrade like platinum, archives access, or no ads.

If you had to choose any of those for your participation what would you like?

hot sauce pee hole
May 18, 2023

I would like a hammer and sickle icon please.

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

I would like a hammer and sickle icon please.

Thank you!

Sure thing! I'll pass that along and hopefully it can be put in place tonight!