Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I'm assuming the USA team plane left without Steve Kerr. It will be really interesting to see who they'll bring to the Olympics. I'm assuming only Bridges and Ant make it from this team.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Serbia keeps banking in a bunch of threes. Better to be lucky than good

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Bonga bringing up the ball in the finale of the World Championship is not something I ever expected to see.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Fiba gawd bogdan bogdanovich

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I would take Bogdanovic over Herro any day.

Edit:

I am still flabbergasted at how good Germany is. I thought their 3rd place finish at last year’s Euros was a bit of a fluke, but they are legit good enough to win this thing.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 10, 2023

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

They’re sitting Bogdanovic with 3 minutes left????

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Dennis closes the door

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
That was so good. Even Melo approved.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Hell of a final. Germany absolutely deserves the win. They were the most consistent team the entire tournament

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
Jovic is sobbing :smith:

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Fantastic final two games to end the tournament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1700904544954179713?s=20

https://twitter.com/BlakeMurphyODC/status/1700833702060687620?s=20

Most enjoyable and competitive Canadian team of my life time. Don't think a Canadian has ever had as good a tournament as Shai. I know the US Did Not Send Their Best and Canada has won bronze before, but this one felt a bit different.

e: I was confused. this is their first FIBA World Cup Bronze. the others were in the lowly Fiba-mericas.

BWV fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 10, 2023