Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I don't mind Boil over users except for the player(s) who use it like the above story. You will be slugged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

if i see the funny horse icon pop up you immediately go on my shitlist for the rest of the trial

OurIntrepidHero
Nov 5, 2011

He's just too fast!
One of the many many reasons I love Tombstone Myers is that he just doesn't care about boil over abuse. I recommend any killer getting frustrated with sabo/flash light/bully squads to take a game as him, with the right build he turns all those things against survivors and it always feels good.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

OurIntrepidHero posted:

One of the many many reasons I love Tombstone Myers is that he just doesn't care about boil over abuse. I recommend any killer getting frustrated with sabo/flash light/bully squads to take a game as him, with the right build he turns all those things against survivors and it always feels good.

i get really annoyed at being on the receiving end of this especially if i've avoided him all game and he stalked my idiot teammates instead

OurIntrepidHero
Nov 5, 2011

He's just too fast!

Relyssa posted:

i get really annoyed at being on the receiving end of this especially if i've avoided him all game and he stalked my idiot teammates instead

That's fair, especially with PWYF it's really easy to catch someone off guard that you haven't seen all game and just boot them out. Tombstone piece is worse for this than infinite IMO, as with the latter you really have to drain three people almost completely, and even then you're slow enough that the survivor has decent time to get away.

I honestly like playing against it as survivor, though. It feels like an actual horror game with tension, but I do understand your point and don't disagree that it's probably not super fun for most survivors.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Backpack build plus lightborne is my normal anti-boil over setup. It is very funny how many people accuse you of hacking for just using madgrit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

OurIntrepidHero posted:

That's fair, especially with PWYF it's really easy to catch someone off guard that you haven't seen all game and just boot them out. Tombstone piece is worse for this than infinite IMO, as with the latter you really have to drain three people almost completely, and even then you're slow enough that the survivor has decent time to get away.

I honestly like playing against it as survivor, though. It feels like an actual horror game with tension, but I do understand your point and don't disagree that it's probably not super fun for most survivors.

If you're doing double iri you have to drain 3 people entirely and 1 halfway.

My favorite double iri match was the one on Dead Dawg where I had 3 people on a generator in the street and I could see all 3 from the top of the building. I popped EW2 and they panicked a bit and shuffled around and got back on the gen, only to see the 4th there now heh.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

OurIntrepidHero posted:

It also can lead to that really obnoxious standoff where the survivor knows you're tombstoning so they hop in a locker and wait out the staring match. If I'm surviving I just take the L but I've been on the Myers side of this before and the lengths survivors will go to avoid it is astonishing. Trying for the tombstone 4K achievement? gently caress you, I'm in a locker now.

Terrible Opinions posted:

Backpack build plus lightborne is my normal anti-boil over setup. It is very funny how many people accuse you of hacking for just using madgrit.

I love mad grit so much. Yes, swarm around me, survivors! They'll wiggle off any moment now, just one more hit should do it!

OurIntrepidHero
Nov 5, 2011

He's just too fast!

Relyssa posted:

It also can lead to that really obnoxious standoff where the survivor knows you're tombstoning so they hop in a locker and wait out the staring match. If I'm surviving I just take the L but I've been on the Myers side of this before and the lengths survivors will go to avoid it is astonishing. Trying for the tombstone 4K achievement? gently caress you, I'm in a locker now.

Completely agree on the achievement being bullshit, everything about that is annoying. I actually like the locker hopping mechanic, especially with tombstone piece, both because it feels like a fair counter-play and because you can sometimes trick survivors into hopping into a locker before you pop Tier III off which makes it a fun game of chicken IMO. I also think using the fear of being mori'd is a fun/underrated part of Tombstone Myers.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's very funny when someone is obviously counting on Adrenaline to pop and then nope, Tombstone :v:

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I really hate tombstone because its the only thing (outside of lery's mirror) that makes meyers semi competitive but it shifts the power imbalance way too far in his favor. Tombstone piece is so loving broken. And the counter play of "Well its his first tier 3, might as well just jump into a locker" is insanely boring. I guess its slightly less boring than being immediately yeeted out of the match.

Tombstone(/piece) needs a complete rework.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I hate Tombstone Piece more than anything else in the game. Not just currently, but probably ever.

It's all the "fun" of being tunneled out, but without the ability for second chance perks to mitigate it, or being on hook buying time for your team. Just "BAM! gently caress you!"

Iri at least takes long enough that not only will the survivors be suspicious enough to see it coming, but 3-4 gens could be done, and then it becomes a fun game of cat and mouse trying to get the last gen or two done before he stabs you all.

Piece is way too to fast to get online, which means there's functionally no warning, and suddenly somebody is told they aren't allowed to play the game and the other three survivors are in a 3v1 at 4-5 gens. It's hot rear end.

Edit: And before anyone asks, yes I hate it more than Chess Merchant, yes I hate it more than old Sadako, and yes I hate it more than *insert anything else here*

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Tombstone is dumb and not even fun for either side. It's a "i win before this starts" kind of thing. Which is why people crying over hiding in a locker is extra delicious. "No! You can't ruin this match that I was ruining first!"

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The hiding in a locker isn't the problem. The achievement existing is the problem.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
If you don't like playing against Huntress, you should maybe not play dbd right now. Between the recent buffs and the new skin that's way quieter than default/baba yaga I went against 4 of them in 10 games today.

Unrelated entirely: The archive to point at the killer while using Premonition is fixed! I got it today first try, so if you've been putting that off I'd say do it now before they update something unrelated and break it again.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Meanwhile the Plague now loses her power to every stun instead of just palettes. BHVR is claiming it was always how she was supposed to work and has been bugged since release.

That was five years ago. Otz is predictably losing his mind given that the Plague's been one of his favorite killers.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Meanwhile the Plague now loses her power to every stun instead of just palettes. BHVR is claiming it was always how she was supposed to work and has been bugged since release.

That was five years ago. Otz is predictably losing his mind given that the Plague's been one of his favorite killers.

Ahh, it's the 'killers were always supposed to look down after a hit!' bullshit all over again.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
BHVR is really making a clear pattern of this poo poo and losing any benefit of the doubt. :v:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Doomykins posted:

BHVR is really making a clear pattern of this poo poo and losing any benefit of the doubt. :v:

It's amazing they still have any left at this point. If Otz continues to defend BHVR at all at this point he's going to start losing credibility really quickly.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Relyssa posted:

It's amazing they still have any left at this point. If Otz continues to defend BHVR at all at this point he's going to start losing credibility really quickly.

It's also his jobs due to being a Fog Whisperer. If he start trash-talking the game, he might lose his special status that make him money... But seeing how the game is going, it's a sinking ship anyway

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Otz REALLY wants to be able to play anything else, but his twitch audience came from DBD, they scream for DBD whenever he's doing something else, and this lovely game is his livelihood. Even then it has loving /broken/ him lately.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

L.U.I.G.I posted:

It's also his jobs due to being a Fog Whisperer. If he start trash-talking the game, he might lose his special status that make him money... But seeing how the game is going, it's a sinking ship anyway

He only gets paid in auric cells, the money comes from twitch streaming. BHVR has shown more and more that they won't listen to him despite him being by far their most high profile FW. He's getting more and more stressed out from playing the game, and something's gotta give sooner or later.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ok I know this patch is all hosed but there is a severe uptick of people quitting literally at the start now that I don't get it. Been happening to Scott a ton, load in, some survivor immediately gives up the second they're seen, before a chase even happens. And i've been seeing the same in my games as well on Killer.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Ok I know this patch is all hosed but there is a severe uptick of people quitting literally at the start now that I don't get it. Been happening to Scott a ton, load in, some survivor immediately gives up the second they're seen, before a chase even happens. And i've been seeing the same in my games as well on Killer.

Stuttering and rubberbanding has been really bad this patch, could be people running into that.

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023
tbagging at the exit gate(mind when the killer is on your heels, not waiting there dragging out the match) is the survivor equivalent of a mori and isn't toxic.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Relyssa posted:

Stuttering and rubberbanding has been really bad this patch, could be people running into that.

Nah, I'm talking like. They see the killer approaching and run up and do the beckon emote and stand there. That kind of poo poo.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

Did you watch the video? He basically spent the entire time trashing them for the decision

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

idontpost69 posted:

tbagging at the exit gate(mind when the killer is on your heels, not waiting there dragging out the match) is the survivor equivalent of a mori and isn't toxic.

low effort troll, F- see me after class

Looks like they pushed a patch that's supposed to tentatively fix the flashing issues on PC. If anyone encounters any flashing now please make sure you contact them - they're asking that you close the game immediately after the match and send them the log file

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/1cd29pk/strobing_assistance_required/

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Relyssa posted:

He only gets paid in auric cells, the money comes from twitch streaming. BHVR has shown more and more that they won't listen to him despite him being by far their most high profile FW. He's getting more and more stressed out from playing the game, and something's gotta give sooner or later.

Yeah. He's spoken before about writing a loving pamphlet dozens of pages long with detailed feedback to the team, and not receiving even an acknowledgment much less seeing anything happen. I honestly don't know how he puts up with their poo poo.

They obviously don't give a gently caress, which is just absolutely incredible. They've got a group of incredibly dedicated and knowledgeable people willing to test their game for free and give them detailed feedback with reams of data and reasoning, and they're just completely ignoring them while lying about holding some kind of super secret playtests that magically don't catch any of the incredibly huge bugs that get through to the final game.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Thinking about how the Potential Energy+toolbox exploit has been in for apparently months and even now that it's well known it still isn't getting killswitched despite the fact that nobody is going to give a poo poo if loving Potential Energy of all things gets killswitched so there's absolutely no reason to hold back on doing so

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Looping a killer early in the game until they give up and leave, only to realize you have done more gen progress this game than the other three players is just demoralizing as hell.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I might as well join the legion of people who just d/c instantly upon seeing a twins. I am so tired of this slugging playstyle poo poo. It's like dealing with Knock Out Wraith all over again except way more common.

Tiny Myers posted:

Thinking about how the Potential Energy+toolbox exploit has been in for apparently months and even now that it's well known it still isn't getting killswitched despite the fact that nobody is going to give a poo poo if loving Potential Energy of all things gets killswitched so there's absolutely no reason to hold back on doing so

Yeah I do not get BHVR's priorities on this poo poo. Remember when Merciless Storm was bugged and they just. Let it go unfixed for an entire patch cycle? That poo poo completely ruined games.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 27, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I might as well join the legion of people who just d/c instantly upon seeing a twins. I am so tired of this slugging playstyle poo poo. It's like dealing with Knock Out Wraith all over again except way more common.

And they're just making it more and more common. Now that a Decisive will make a Plague lose their power, do we suppose Plagues are more or less likely to slug survivors who could potentially do it? Just amazing decisions after amazing decisions at BHVR.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

lol "It's not a mistake, this killer has just been bugged for five years". That's not even gaslighting, that's telling you with a straight face that the moon is made of discarded pizza boxes

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

lol "It's not a mistake, this killer has just been bugged for five years". That's not even gaslighting, that's telling you with a straight face that the moon is made of discarded pizza boxes

They've pulled this poo poo before I'm almost certain but I can't remember on what exactly.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They've pulled this poo poo before I'm almost certain but I can't remember on what exactly.

The "all killers will now look down at their weapons for several seconds after a hit / when climbing over poo poo" change. They claimed that this had been the intention and it was just a bug that most killers didn't. Never mind the fact that someone had had to create animations where they looked somewhere else than DOWN for them, get those animations approved and put them in the game, it was all a bug. We always intended that every killer look down for several seconds.

Then they doubled, tripled and quadrupled down on the lie, before finally rolling the change back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This is what is so frustrating as they pissed away two years on a rework that just kept the same slugging style but better.

In fact, I refuse to believe this was anything but something a dev was forced to slam out on their lunch break because they had to have the anniversary content done. I cannot believe they are THIS unfamiliar with their own game that they didn’t see the issue of a super fast killer that could get hits with no limit or drawback