Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This was fun for me, not sure how enjoyable the products (food and post) are for others. Life sortof imposed a Chopped style clock for me, less than 30 minutes prep time for everything.

1) Noods

This may have been the best executed, simple recipes ftw

2) Ritos

3) Main course: squashed stuff

Tried for a canjun type flavor

The stuffing came out I think, but I got to chatting and overcooked the poor squash. No pics of plates, I try to be less phone out with guests around

4) Dessert; smoothie

This tastes very, ah, healthy... (would not make again)

I was wondering about making a gazpacho style bloody marry with roast zuc spears, but did not fit it in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

The drink perhaps aside, this looks very tasty! If you have time to flesh it out, I'd love to see your noodle recipe, it looks really appetising.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sure. The noodles were just store bought dry, "chinese style" wheat noodles I think. Boil, drain, rinse to cool but not cold. Quick saute, tried to not overcook, I forget the order they went in the pan, carrots and zuc longer than broccoli. Hemp hearts, sesame seeds, chia seeds, some oil and sauce (fish sauce? soy? Maybe some chile based thing, I forget). Toss with noodles just to coat, so not really a stir fry nood. Maybe noodles before sauce

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh, the Bloody Mary idea is intriguing, that is a drink I hadn't even considered.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Looking at the entries again, I hadn't seen grey cat made a smoothie too, and I neglected to include my ingredient photo. Similar recipe, but rhubarb and apple instead of banana. Also I tried roasting the zuc, hoping that would move it towards desert and away from "I know I should eat vegetables but I dont like them," but alas that is right where it landed

Only registered members can see post attachments!