Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jack Sonni, former guitarist for British rock band Dire Straits, has died, the group announced on social media.

“#JackSonni Rest In Peace” the band wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter, on Thursday alongside a black and white photograph of the guitarist. He was 68.

Sonni, who was born in Indiana, Pennsylvania, met founding Dire Straits members and guitarists David and Mark Knopfler while working in a guitar shop in Manhattan in 1978, according to a post on the Dire Straits Blog, which was shared by the band on social media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

thanks driftingmouse

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Jack Sonni, former guitarist for British rock band Dire Straits, has died, the group announced on social media.

“#JackSonni Rest In Peace” the band wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter, on Thursday alongside a black and white photograph of the guitarist. He was 68.

Sonni, who was born in Indiana, Pennsylvania, met founding Dire Straits members and guitarists David and Mark Knopfler while working in a guitar shop in Manhattan in 1978, according to a post on the Dire Straits Blog, which was shared by the band on social media.

...driftingmouse?

:smith: RIP Jack Sonni, Dire Straits is a criminally underrated band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0ffIJ7ZO4U

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hal Lindes was the superior rhythm guitarist anyways

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Was it Indiana or Pennsylvania get your goddamn story straight.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
https://youtu.be/JcqhvPNiJzo?si=CDSNpfysKmwYMBJz

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I guess he won’t be doing The Walk of Life anymore, eh?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

What is it with goons and a desperate need to tell us someone we haven’t thought of in 20 years is dead?

How fucken bored are you?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If OP was driftingmouse they wouldn't have written anything except "rip" and dropped a link, the literal bare minimum of an obit thread.

Edit: but also lol who gives a gently caress about whoever this guy was.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Gotta be a bummer to be the other guitarist in a band with Mark Knopfler, you'd just feel like you suck compared to him

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I've never cared much for Dire Straits, so I am profoundly indifferent to this news, thanks.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Extra row of tits posted:

What is it with goons and a desperate need to tell us someone we haven’t thought of in 20 years is dead?

How fucken bored are you?

Wow who pissed in your wheaties?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Wow who pissed in your wheaties?

A dead celebrity, presumably.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The Sultans of...uh...Dead

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
Die-er Straits.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

thanks driftingmouse

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Caesar Saladin posted:

Gotta be a bummer to be the other guitarist in a band with Mark Knopfler, you'd just feel like you suck compared to him

I'm sure he was quite miserable fingering frets for a living while touring the world

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
I farta da роор1э

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

He's with his brothers in heavens, now

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Caesar Saladin posted:

Maybe get a blister on your finger, too

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Glad Mark Knopfler is still alive.

https://youtu.be/8teY54fMsxY?si=QS2gaviilkBzPFeS

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Caesar Saladin posted:

he just got to spend his life on tour getting laid doing grunt guitar work. Unthinkable fate

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They gonna do the walk of death

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The Man's Too Dead

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe

Vampire Panties posted:

...RIP Jack Sonni, Dire Straits is a criminally underrated band.

He played the guitar on the MTV