Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I remember in 5th grade they split up the boys and girls and had us boys watch a video about a girl getting her period. The teacher told us that next time we would have a video about boy stuff. There was no next time.

In retrospect I wonder if the tapes accidentally got switched, since presumably there was another video we never got to watch and a class that never happened. I also wonder if the girls had to watch a thing about boners and jizzing the bed

I do appreciate it though since before that point I assumed that the blue liquid in all those commercials was supposed to represent piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fur20 posted:

same.

we had to watch stand and deliver though, apparently a lot of white people who work with minorities see themselves reflected in it. like real life peggy hills

lol not texas but :hf:

Same.

This big giant tough guy went white as a sheet and dropped to the floor, it was hilarious.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I remember my buddy in elementary telling me 'it grew just like a carrot!!'

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

bossy lady posted:

We watched schindler's list in high school. One kid laughed out loud when a nazi shot a jewish concentration camp prisoner for no reason.

We watched a few holocaust movies in history in I want to say seventh grade. Older ones like Escape From Sobibor. I remember thinking it was kind of hosed up how half the glass giggled every time some jews got gunned down. This was Texas, though.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Like drat dude they didn't teach you to tuck it up under your waistband in that class?

I got a period kit and my sister made me cry on the way home after school because they gave us deodorant and now I smell :(

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Since people are talking about other stuff besides the movie Kids, I guess I can post this.

My grade 7 teacher showed us the first couple episodes of Roots. This was 1992 or so. *maybe* 1991 but Alex Haley died in 92 I think so maybe that has something to do with it. It might have been the TV cut because I don't remember too many N bombs in it, but in the early 90s I feel like they wouldn't have cut that out for tv.

I always remembered watching those parts of it and picked it up on DVD like 10 or so years ago. I thought it was pretty good.

Anyways, something something TV stuff about slavery, possibly a shitload of N bombs in front of grade 7 kids.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Treecko posted:

I remember my buddy in elementary telling me 'it grew just like a carrot!!'

I recall some guy talking in health class about how he could make his pants move and asking a question about morning wood to the gym teacher who was teaching the sex ed for boys for some reason

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

A Strange Aeon posted:

I recall some guy talking in health class about how he could make his pants move and asking a question about morning wood to the gym teacher who was teaching the sex ed for boys for some reason

So I knew that guy since we were like, 2 years old. We used to dig in the sand and look for dinosaur fossils together. He also told me we could never get married because his skin was slightly darker than mine when we were 9.

My personal opinion, but we should all watch the same scary rear end health class videos together.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Since people are talking about other stuff besides the movie Kids, I guess I can post this.

My grade 7 teacher showed us the first couple episodes of Roots. This was 1992 or so. *maybe* 1991 but Alex Haley died in 92 I think so maybe that has something to do with it. It might have been the TV cut because I don't remember too many N bombs in it, but in the early 90s I feel like they wouldn't have cut that out for tv.

I always remembered watching those parts of it and picked it up on DVD like 10 or so years ago. I thought it was pretty good.

Anyways, something something TV stuff about slavery, possibly a shitload of N bombs in front of grade 7 kids.

We watched Roots in grade school and again in middle school. I don't remember the N word ever being used. It was probably the 70s miniseries we saw w/ Lavar Burton the Reading Rainbow / Geordi guy.. hmm.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I tried watching Kids on my own time and the first scene where the guy is bragging about banging virgins was too much for me and I had to turn it off because I'm too much of a sensitive little baby.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

abstinence only. kids was one of the forbidden films (that the uncool kids would watch)

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

One message you can get from Kids is wrap it up, or you will get AIDS. Also, don't rape. Although, I don't think it has any intentional message other than "LOOK HOW hosed UP THESE KIDS ARE. AAAAAIIIIDS!"

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Tremendous post/avatar combo.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Extra row of tits posted:

Tremendous post/avatar combo.

STAR
VLVA

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

When that Super Imperial rolls on up on you

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I remember in grade 5 or 6 we were in a bus going to school camp and the teachers decide to put on The Shawshank Redemption, so anyway we got to the part where Andy Dufresne just arrived in prison where all the swearing started to scare the new inmates, and one of the teachers ran to the front of the bus and turned it off. :(

I assumed they just heard it was a really good award winning heartwarming movie and they hadn't actually watched it, or just forgot the stuff at the start.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Waht the gently caress kind of movie is that supposed to be for 5th graders. Kids I could kinda see it on a stretch for older kids but shawshank?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

Waht the gently caress kind of movie is that supposed to be for 5th graders. Kids I could kinda see it on a stretch for older kids but shawshank?

For some reason we got Clash of the Titans (the original) a couple times around 3rd and 4th grade. :shrug:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
clash of the titans is delightful and im pretty sure doesnt have a guy get sodomized although I guess they were greek so it could have been off camera

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

wtf does a boner have to do with bones anyway. if theres a penis bone i dont have it. (louisiana sexual education gang)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

We watched Clash of the Titans in seventh grade but the teacher turned it off when you could see the mom's boobs, or something.

flubber nuts posted:

wtf does a boner have to do with bones anyway. if theres a penis bone i dont have it. (louisiana sexual education gang)

A lot of religions/cultures have normalized removing the baculum from baby boys, it's pretty hosed up.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Sep 11, 2023

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Someone put Blazing Saddles on, on a bus trip for a bunch of grad students and there was practically a loving inquest over it when I was getting my masters.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Blazing Saddles would have shut down my department full of activists whose favorite target for activism was the friggin sociology department.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

clash of the titans is delightful and im pretty sure doesnt have a guy get sodomized although I guess they were greek so it could have been off camera

there was definitely some tits and rear end in Clash of the Titans we watched it in 6th grade and its like the only thing I remember from that period of my life

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Blazing Saddles would have shut down my department full of activists whose favorite target for activism was the friggin sociology department.

But Blazing Saddles is a good movie

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Poohs Packin posted:

Someone put Blazing Saddles on, on a bus trip for a bunch of grad students and there was practically a loving inquest over it when I was getting my masters.

lmao

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Poohs Packin posted:

Someone should have nailed the pages of "A Modest Proposal" on the administration's door.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

dsf posted:

there was definitely some tits and rear end in Clash of the Titans we watched it in 6th grade and its like the only thing I remember from that period of my life

we watched the roman polanski macbeth in high school, the one with the scene where lady macbeth just has her titties hangin out gratuitously for no reason. or idk maybe the reason was that it was published by playboy films

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Fur20 posted:

we watched the roman polanski macbeth in high school, the one with the scene where lady macbeth just has her titties hangin out gratuitously for no reason. or idk maybe the reason was that it was published by playboy films

Fun fact, they were the ones who originally funded Shakespeare's plays as well!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Mulaney Power Move posted:

The guy who put it on was a big white dude with a southern accent, and he had to have a meeting with the Dean of the department in which he explained that the racists in the film are depicted as cartoonist morons.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
we got to see this is auto shop class in high school

i dont think there was a single person in that class that wasnt stoned out of their mind

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Our teacher brought in a copy of a Moonlighting episode that was Taming of the Shrew inspired because we were talking about Shakespeare, I think.

Then the trailer for the movie Casual Sex came on and she tried to fast forward through it was quickly as she could, and failed because the entire class was already laughing.

I went to look it up and holy poo poo, the trailer AND the bumper for Moonlighting episode is on Youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwOLFgZ8klk

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

For some reason we got Clash of the Titans (the original) a couple times around 3rd and 4th grade. :shrug:

Lol same, I think it was European history.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I remember in middle school we watched Mulan and the teacher fast forwarded through the bath scene. Is that like the opposite of having been forced to watch Kids?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Dixville posted:

I remember in middle school we watched Mulan and the teacher fast forwarded through the bath scene. Is that like the opposite of having been forced to watch Kids?

Lmao that makes it seem so much more risque than it actually is

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Poohs Packin posted:

The guy who put it on was a big white dude with a southern accent, and he had to have a meeting with the Dean of the department in which he explained that the racists in the film are depicted as cartoonist morons.

In my department it all stemmed from it being the criminology faculty's turn to pick a new hire and they went with this renowned theory guy who was a white guy from texas who wore cowboy boots when the inequality faculty wanted a not as renowned but now more renowned race scholar who would have never taken the offer over the prestigious private school he also had an offer from. Then the two big inequality people left and the students blamed the department's legacy of racism for a lack of mentorship. Also someone got a C on a paper and said it was discrimination and they reversed it but then she ended up failing out of the program anyway because she failed inequality comp. And stats. Or something like that. She ended up going into state politics.

There ended up being an external review but all they concluded was there was a lack of mentorship "in certain areas."

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Youre discriminating against my inability to grasp statistics