Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You know I completely forgot about the Bally's sports network bullshit with the Rangers. Without a bullshit subscription that nobody wants, you couldn't even watch a Rangers game this season until the playoffs. Can't get a fanbase excited about a season if they can't fuckin watch it.

Please kill Bally's, someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Shinjobi posted:

You know I completely forgot about the Bally's sports network bullshit with the Rangers. Without a bullshit subscription that nobody wants, you couldn't even watch a Rangers game this season until the playoffs. Can't get a fanbase excited about a season if they can't fuckin watch it.

Living out of market and being able to just use MLB.tv is such a godsend.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Pobrecito posted:

Living out of market and being able to just use MLB.tv is such a godsend.

Living in market sucks complete rear end, though

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Shinjobi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AUS7Bj9X38

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It’s been a week and I still haven’t really gotten much from the Rangers title other than disappointment. May be done watching sports in any conventional “rooting for an outcome” sense.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm still happy as a clam, but I will fully concede I was convinced I'd never see another championship in Dallas again. Stars can get close, same with the Mavs, but they're inconsistent. This Rangers win was unexpected, an emotional roller coaster, and while the week after hasn't been me bouncing off walls like a kid I'm still just smiling everytime I say The Texas Rangers Won the World Series.

That Eric Nadell call is still fantastic.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Also the Creed discography review will be done soon. Got an open weekend, baby~~

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think Focus on the Family's entertainment publication Plugged In already said about all there needs to be said about Weathered

quote:

Stapp and Co. aren’t quite as upbeat here as on Human Clay. But while they seem more aware of life’s hardships and pain, they still manage to avoid despair. Where there’s a shadow, there’s a light. If Human Clay looked at life from a Mark 16 perspective, you might say Weathered views it through the filter of Jeremiah 20. For fans of this hard-rocking genre, it’s a good mainstream alternative to the likes of Korn, Staind and Drowning Pool

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

I'm still happy as a clam, but I will fully concede I was convinced I'd never see another championship in Dallas again. Stars can get close, same with the Mavs, but they're inconsistent. This Rangers win was unexpected, an emotional roller coaster, and while the week after hasn't been me bouncing off walls like a kid I'm still just smiling everytime I say The Texas Rangers Won the World Series.

That Eric Nadell call is still fantastic.

The baseball off season is really short so the high wears off way too fast. In my experience anyway

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm still riding that 2016 high

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Jealous

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I was until the team was surprisingly good this summer. Now I need another hit. If the offseason’s biggest move is Counsell I’m going to be very upset.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't know how i'll be if the cubs ever make the playoffs again, but i'm a lot more chill, 2016 really felt like if it didn't happen that year it would never happen and i was a wreck the whole season. obviously i'd love to see them win it all again and it will suck if they end up good at some point and get eliminated by an 83 win wildcard team, but the absolutely deranging urgency of 2016 won't be there again.

also at this point, every chicago team has sucked so bad for so long that i honestly don't even remember what it's like to root for a team to actually win anything, it's usually just tune in, watch them get owned and post lol and lmao a few times, read about whatever dumbass FO guy or manager is saying something dumb at a press conference or whatever and go about my business.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 9, 2023

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

i don't know how i'll be if the cubs ever make the playoffs again, but i'm a lot more chill, 2016 really felt like if it didn't happen that year it would never happen and i was a wreck the whole season. obviously i'd love to see them win it all again and it will suck if they end up good at some point and get eliminated by an 83 win wildcard team, but the absolutely deranging urgency of 2016 won't be there again.

also at this point, every chicago team has sucked so bad for so long that i honestly don't even remember what it's like to root for a team to actually win anything, it's usually just tune in, watch them get owned and post lol and lmao a few times, read about whatever dumbass FO guy or manager is saying something dumb at a press conference or whatever and go about my business.

Hey the White Sox won the world series only just *does the math* 18 YEARS AGO!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

honestly it still feels like if I don't do everything right, Jason Kipnis's foul ball will stay juuuuuuuuust fair and my championship hat will do a thanos snap disappear thing