Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Zodack posted:

Given you're on Lillie you've already seen how the black statues work at least one time from the Gray VOID run, so that's not really a spoiler.

I either never encountered a use of the black statues during the first Gray run, or don't remember it. So this is completely new to me.

Did the game used to require that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Pollyanna posted:

I either never encountered a use of the black statues during the first Gray run, or don't remember it. So this is completely new to me.

IIRC it's required, the Gray VOID ending makes you take a stair with a four-eyed statue facing it at the very end

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Pollyanna posted:

You might not remember it it happens at the end of Gray VOID, after the music.

Imo you could do it and not notice the statue thinking its a special attribute of that specific room given that its a weird floor and happens after an ending.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ciaphas posted:

IIRC it's required, the Gray VOID ending makes you take a stair with a four-eyed statue facing it at the very end

No Wave posted:

You might not remember it it happens at the end of Gray VOID, after the music.

Imo you could do it and not notice the statue thinking its a special attribute of that specific room given that its a weird floor and happens after an ending.

That'd be it, then. I thought it was just part of the ending sequence. They should probably make it a little clearer that this always works.

Tortolia posted:

If you do it right you get three locusts instead of one.

So then I don't have to worry about it. I already got the thing on the next floor.

There's still some fuckin' mysteries left:

Weird chart thing from after floor B007. The NPC implied it had some navigation use, but I don't know how to use it or what it even represents.
Find something else to use the void memory on.
Repair the murals. Supposedly, "the tail of the treacherous lord connects the brand - at least when they were still alive". Are Tail and/or the rooms you can see her tail in involved?
A use for the binary letter codes.
This room represents something. Maybe a brand, but I can't tell what part of it could be a brand. It's not a coded letter, cause they don't go that high in binary.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Pollyanna posted:

Supposedly, "the tail of the treacherous lord connects the brand - at least when they were still alive". Are Tail and/or the rooms you can see her tail in involved?
Answer: Yes, Tail and her rooms are involved in a brand

just gonna let you know now to save you some grief: that puzzle in particular is widely considered Total Bullshit - an okay idea implemented in a really lame and unintuitive way - so feel free to just outright spoil yourself on it IMO

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 4, 2024

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
But it's also intended to be one of the very final things you solve, so don't worry about it until you've exhausted other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Swilo posted:

But it's also intended to be one of the very final things you solve, so don't worry about it until you've exhausted other stuff.

Strongly seconding this. Take notes and screenshots of what you think might be relevant, but absolutely backburner any serious efforts on it.

Pollyanna posted:

So then I don't have to worry about it. I already got the thing on the next floor.

That trick is universally applicable.