Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
This is a very impressive achievement! Congratulations on a big project completed.

You should probably do compression on more than the rulebook, though. Files that big are going to wreck pdf reading devices and the connections of people trying to use VTTs, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Appreciate it, I'll include a note about that. The compressed PDF contains all the game materials in a compressed format as well!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I'd maybe even make the compressed version the main file you want people to download and put it on the top of the list, and mark the rest of the files as "high resolution for printing".

Also, cough, some bookmarks would be nice for digital use.,

Megazver fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 18, 2024

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Good idea. Swapped out the names, and swapped out the PDFs with slightly more accessible ones including a version optimized for mobile/tablet viewing. By bookmarks do you just mean a clickable glossary? I was thinking about that. I'll probably add it in tonight if I have time.

Totally open to any other feedback. I've got tunnel vision on this thing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
If you are using a word processor that supports headings and you have Acrobat installed, you should be able to use 'Save as Adobe PDF' and one of the options will take headings and turn them into bookmarks. Works for Word 365 at least.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
You know, these:

They're crucial if you're trying to run the game off a pdf.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
What are folks' favorite SDXL checkpoints for illustrations and paintings, rather than photorealism? I'm staring down the barrel of a lot of character art, locations, and architecture for a Blades in the Dark game, and by god I'm going to finally make myself use SDXL/Comfy/Fooocus for this. I'm finding that I can get lovely interior shots in an illustrated style using Juggernaut XL, but for some reason whenever I try to do a person it insists on making it photorealistic, come hell or high water.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I'm afraid I don't know. At some point the system reqs for the newer SD stuff exceeded my potato PC's capacity so I just moved to MJ.

I should probably dive back in and see if I can make the newest stuff work.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
You can just use standard SDXL. You don't need a finetune/checkpoint.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

You can just use standard SDXL. You don't need a finetune/checkpoint.

Man, I wish! I spent a decent portion of the weekend generating portraits, architecture, room interiors, etc., and standard SDXL doesn’t compare to Juggernaut or Fooocus in terms of getting correct anatomy and rooms that look like they were made by sane people. Hands in particular: I’ve yet to see Juggernaut gently caress up a hand. The problem, of course, is the greatly reduced range of art styles it understands compared to the base model.

That said, there appears to be an interesting new piece of tech in town for getting the art style you want: IP Adapter Plus bills itself as being able to make essentially a one-image LoRa, transferring the style of whatever you image give it to whatever you generate. I suspect this could be very useful for making pieces that fit with the art style of a particular RPG, so I’m looking forward to diving into that later in the week when I have the time to build a new workflow. Will report back if it lives up to the hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Was messing about with Udio and it came up with this song about playing D&D: Roll The Dice https://www.udio.com/songs/m7xWuS6dB8iXQpBLFsZMyD