Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Hello!
I have a really cool, extremely colorful pop-up book of Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Caroll. It includes the regular story of Alice, as well as the sequel Through the Looking-Glass and it is beautifully colored and includes gorgeous, hand-drawn and hand-colored pictures and, even more important, it's a pop-up book, with many exciting secrets and cool scenes shown in 3D, as it pops out and attacks you viciously!
I thought, a pop-up book is kinda byob and I had this for a long time, I've never been able to share it with people, although it's way too beautiful to be stuck with little old me and no one else. Since it's also in English (I luckily have many English/original language ones, not just the German translations), so, I want to share it with you guys and hope you like it!
I don't want to bury you in photos all at once, so I'm posting it one after another! I hope you enjoy!

This is the already gorgeous cover:

-----

And the first few pages, I skipped a few empty ones.

-----

Check out this lovely cat; I think it is about to grin. :smug:

-----

To get started, let's read this poem!

I don't actually know if this is part of the original writing, but it's fun imo!
-----

I'm gonna start with the first picture in the next post, to not overoad this one. I hope you enjoy it as much I as enjoy posting it!
Please poke me with a stick if anything does not load correctly for you or you can't read it, I don't trust the upload to go entirely flawless.

Edit: I'm adding the pictures separately as edits from my phone, so don't be confused if you see a post without uploaded photos for a moment, I'm working on it! The little separators I added so that I don't mix up the pages that I need to add, please tell me, if it's too obstructive to read along with me in this format.

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Sep 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

The first chapter begins with the title and a beautiful picture of Alice hanging around, chilling and having the time of her life.

-----

Let's goooo:

Poor Alice, who doesn't know the feeling of crawling through a rabbit hole and falling for what feels like an eternity. Hell, every drat weekend!
-----

How else to entertain yourself but asking the great questions in life:

-----

Followed by a drawing of said bottle:

"Drink me!", it says - now if that's not a promise that nothing could go wrong! Luckily Alice would not be that naive.
-----

Now, she does have doubts about her logic:

And she did it! What will happen now?
-----

Well, and on the note of this lovely cake, the first chapter ends!

Thanks for reading along with me, let me know what you think of this format, I will post the next chapter later today! :toot:

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Sep 8, 2023

Goons Are Gifts

"Where are the pop-ups???? :argh:" you might think, but fear not, in chapter 2 we will get our first really exciting 3D sort-of animations!

google THIS

That rabbit has seen some poo poo

google THIS

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I love the illustrations.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

lol

FreshCutFries

Manifisto

this is awesome GaG! I happen to own, and have gifted to my niece, an entirely different popup book of alice in wonderland by Robert Sabuda. it's a very good popup book, most of the pages have little tabs or other things so you can create motion within the popup illustration or similar things.

also also, if anyone is unfamiliar with the annotated alice, I have a treasured copy from my late grandad. it has all kinds of footnotes about the mathematical and philosophical underpinnings of the "nonsense" in the books.

lots of good alice content is what I'm saying! and I'm very excited to see this one!!

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

lmfao

Goons Are Gifts

Manifisto posted:

this is awesome GaG! I happen to own, and have gifted to my niece, an entirely different popup book of alice in wonderland by Robert Sabuda. it's a very good popup book, most of the pages have little tabs or other things so you can create motion within the popup illustration or similar things.

also also, if anyone is unfamiliar with the annotated alice, I have a treasured copy from my late grandad. it has all kinds of footnotes about the mathematical and philosophical underpinnings of the "nonsense" in the books.

lots of good alice content is what I'm saying! and I'm very excited to see this one!!

Hell yeah!! Wait until you see chapter 2 and the first interactive page!! I'll post it in a minute

Goons Are Gifts

Chapter II

With this beautiful drawing, chapter II is kicking off! Let's see where our adventure leads to next.

"What nonsense I'm talking!", is something is say to myself surprisingly often, too, tbh.

Oh dear, so much math at this hour!

It seems, like something is off here...

It's getting dangerous!

Next up, we have our first interactive page! Alice is growing small and growing huge, and we can decide which it shall be!

Well, and when she's big...

I had to leave the right leg in, as it was stuck quite well and I didn't want to risk damaging it. I need to fiddle around with this for a while to free the last leg! Normally you can extend all of Alice, of course.
Isn't this nice! I hope it gives you a better image of whata's going on!

We stopped in the middle of the sentence, though, as Alice was swimming through her tears:

And the next two pages have nice drawings with them!

With the whole group of our new found friends, chapter II is at an end.

I hope you are as excited as I am to see what chapter III will bring! Stick with me, if you want to find out!

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 9, 2023

Manifisto

that is really an amazingly beautiful book GaG, thank you so much for sharing with us!!

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

Chapter III!

It's time we meet some friends!

Looks like we crashed into a party! Well, a race party.

Luckily Alice will not be drawn into this head-on, not knowing what's...

What a curious turn of events!

A tail?

Well, that makes sense!

Poor Alice. I think we all know the feeling of loneliness. Maybe not exactly like this, but I'm afraid this feeling can happen everywhere and in any situation. Who might approach her now, though?

And with that question unanswered, this chapter is already over! It seems like Alice has landed in a really special, maybe even especially odd place!
I hope Alice isn't boring you already, because the crazy part is still about to come!

Manifisto

thread (and book) continues to deliver!

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell

caught up, thanks for posting, always meant to read this sometime

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)