Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
EXTREEEEEE EXTREEEEEE! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Mysterious dame with gams disappears from smoke-filled jazz club!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Howard The Dork posted:

There I was, investigating this missing dame, and it's Channel 6's Judy Wong, the last lady I want to meet.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
drat. Some nice little old lady from New England solved the murder mystery before I could.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
PRIVATE DICK gangtag when

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

drat. Some nice little old lady from New England solved the murder mystery before I could.

I'd hire some old little lady mystery solving machine.

for the right price.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

maybealabia posted:

PRIVATE DICK gangtag when

We're trying to be discrete and undercover bro.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
NOT A DICK gangtag maybe?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

maybealabia posted:

NOT A DICK gangtag maybe?

Maybe you could just carry a business card, like everyone else.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Private eye meets private parts.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

There's nothing glamorous about sitting in a Cadillac Convertible for 5 hours waiting for a Languini operative to wake up. But wake up he has, and we're off. On the late night streets of LA.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Drives around LA at night
and it's so nice, just driving
around looking for clues
but in a general sense.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Wiretapping's illegal but there's no law against having really good hearing is there? Not that I have any hearing left on account of all the freaks I've been blasting with my Smith & Wesson.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I was lied to; this job is nothing like the A-team. I got a mohawk and everything!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Buttchocks posted:

I was lied to; this job is nothing like the A-team. I got a mohawk and everything!

Simmer down ace, we'll have a job for you. You got any hesitation at roughing up some lugs for info?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'll admit to forgetting to some facts about the Forgettiato Clan.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've got a tail on Johnny Languini, we're moving through crowded LA traffic.

Barely moving. I'm like the next car over, trying to act casual while I record this.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

There I was, investigating this missing dame, and it's Channel 6's Judy Wong, the last lady I want to meet.

I had doubts about was I was about to do, but I couldn't just leave Judy Wong of all people missing with no leads.

"Chief," I hesitated to speak, "I got some decent leads on your Judy Wong. You could say me an' her gotta history togetha' and less than half of it's any kinda good. But even though we were on-and-off with each other, I gotta do right by a dame, especially a dame with great gams like her."

I carefully laid out some folders with a bunch of leads on the desk, clearly labeled.

"I, uh, I was lookin' for dirt on 'er as an ex-lover does, but it seems she's in something way deeper than a one-night stand in a seedy motel with an agency secretary."

The chief furrowed his brow in a way that made it clear that I was a suspect, but before he could say anything I raised my hand to say something more.

"Not every detective joint's hot about a sassy secretary that gets involved with dames, but me an' Judy, we jus' had a fling... well, maybe a few flings. It wasn't serious, but we did a little tit for tat... information wise, I mean. Anyways," I shook my head to clear my own doubts, "this here's a buncha profiles on the people's she's been known to buzz around, pictures n' all, when she's lookin' for a scoop about some low-down creeps like Jimmy 'Muscles' Muscoletti and Giorno 'The Joe' Giopetti."

I sauntered out the office like one of those detective's dames, feeling about as low as loose change that rolled into a city sewer grate, but knew I had a job to do. Those great danes were due to return any moment, and a sassy secretary at the front desk always put those mutts in their place. But Higgins--the sassy secretary guy in the short shorts--has the day off, and that leaves me to cover the front desk at times like these.

Retiring is out of the question for me; being a detective agency secretary is the only life I know how to live now.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mistle posted:

I had doubts about was I was about to do, but I couldn't just leave Judy Wong of all people missing with no leads.

"Chief," I hesitated to speak, "I got some decent leads on your Judy Wong. You could say me an' her gotta history togetha' and less than half of it's any kinda good. But even though we were on-and-off with each other, I gotta do right by a dame, especially a dame with great gams like her."

I carefully laid out some folders with a bunch of leads on the desk, clearly labeled.

"I, uh, I was lookin' for dirt on 'er as an ex-lover does, but it seems she's in something way deeper than a one-night stand in a seedy motel with an agency secretary."

The chief furrowed his brow in a way that made it clear that I was a suspect, but before he could say anything I raised my hand to say something more.

"Not every detective joint's hot about a sassy secretary that gets involved with dames, but me an' Judy, we jus' had a fling... well, maybe a few flings. It wasn't serious, but we did a little tit for tat... information wise, I mean. Anyways," I shook my head to clear my own doubts, "this here's a buncha profiles on the people's she's been known to buzz around, pictures n' all, when she's lookin' for a scoop about some low-down creeps like Jimmy 'Muscles' Muscoletti and Giorno 'The Joe' Giopetti."

I sauntered out the office like one of those detective's dames, feeling about as low as loose change that rolled into a city sewer grate, but knew I had a job to do. Those great danes were due to return any moment, and a sassy secretary at the front desk always put those mutts in their place. But Higgins--the sassy secretary guy in the short shorts--has the day off, and that leaves me to cover the front desk at times like these.

Retiring is out of the question for me; being a detective agency secretary is the only life I know how to live now.

I'll take it under advisement.

Till then, you're on Laura Languini coverage, got it?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Head's down to the corner seat of Lucky Louie's for a few, ask some questions.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Matchstick in my mouth

Gum on my shoe

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Driving down Oceanside on a tip
about this shady developer with
ties to The Langunies.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Sitting in the corner reading my copy of "Be Your Own Dick."

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

Sitting in the corner reading my copy of "Be Your Own Dick."

You signed a 6 month NDA!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Howard The Dork posted:

*lights up lucky strike* somebody say jizz club?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Calling in a favor at the crime lab.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Hiding in the bushes hoping to photograph people having sex but it's ok because I'm getting paid

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

maybealabia posted:

Hiding in the bushes hoping to photograph people having sex but it's ok because I'm getting paid

It's the bedrock of the industry

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
EXTRA! EXTRA!

FRONT PAGE NEWS!

LANGOSTEEN CRIME CLAN RUNS RIOT!

PRIVATE EYES POWERLESS!

READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Langosteens have hooks in City Hall, the Police Department, Sanitation, you name it.

They're too big to bring down.