Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Seems pretty busted to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Didn't look dirty, but seems to be fine after poking at it with a sim card tool.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Pixel warriors in the UK are being offered the opportunity to test pre release google hardware which is cool, the kicker is you have to be able to personally collect it from London

Sod that

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Been searching from time to time to try to find any news of Tile being added to Android Find My. Weirdly only found this now (from April 9):

https://www.androidauthority.com/tiles-response-to-find-my-network-3432797/

quote:

tl;dr:
  • When Google announced the Find My Device network in 2023, it mentioned compatible trackers from Tile.
  • It now appears Tile is not currently working on an item locator that’s compatible with Google’s network.
  • A spokesperson for the company says it is focused on “integrating Tile’s technology into the Life360 map.”

I don't even know wtf Life360 is, but saw someone mention it here earlier. I guess the original plan was to go with Google, but the acquisition changed things at some point.

edit: oh, family tracking. Geez I backed the wrong horse with Tile. I only ever bought them because of the announcement they'd eventually work with the Android Find My network.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I just asked the Google Assistant to set a reminder, and it just keeps saying "sorry, I didn't understand", even though the speech to text step went fine. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

hooah posted:

I just asked the Google Assistant to set a reminder, and it just keeps saying "sorry, I didn't understand", even though the speech to text step went fine. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Try again 4 times and hope that the AI decides that it actually wants to do something.

Seriously, this is why I always stop using Assistant, because it is so inconsistent on what it is going to do. My personal favorite is when I tell it to send a text message to my wife or reply to a message and it says "OK" after I tell it the message and just... doesn't do anything. So many times I have told my wife I am on my way home or given her an update on something only to find out that I left her on read.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Lowen SoDium posted:

Try again 4 times and hope that the AI decides that it actually wants to do something.

Seriously, this is why I always stop using Assistant, because it is so inconsistent on what it is going to do. My personal favorite is when I tell it to send a text message to my wife or reply to a message and it says "OK" after I tell it the message and just... doesn't do anything. So many times I have told my wife I am on my way home or given her an update on something only to find out that I left her on read.

Yeah, my experience using Assistant to do things like set alarms has all too often been it telling me "Okay, I've set your alarm" without in any way setting my alarm. I pretty much only use it to identify songs at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Are there any other phones that offer functionality similar to Samsung's Dex? That every USB C device doesn't have that baked in now is insane.