Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
when battletanx show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

was considering giving this a chance. twisted metal is basically just professional wrasslin’ with cars so it does seem like one of those rare video games that would actually translate to tv. think i’ll go find someplace to steal it now

Lol look at you not having Sonarr connected to nbz hydra/ SABnzbd using Eweka.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 18, 2023

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I suck hardcore at driving.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

numberoneposter posted:

I put a lot of hours into Twisted Metal 2.

I had 3 and played it a ton but it’s kinda crazy now seeing that a full run play through is only like 37 minutes long including cutscenes

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Mr. Slam > Axel.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A rival company gonna produce vigilante 8 now, thank god. I loved the cowpuncher

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

A rival company gonna produce vigilante 8 now, thank god. I loved the cowpuncher

They should make a Interstate 76 show but it's just Sabotage

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
have you guys heard of rogue trip 2012

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
that was a nice trailer

twisted metal for the ps4 was sick and had a sick introduction

i enjoyed head on for the psp as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIdD8wdUGpE

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

numberoneposter posted:

I put a lot of hours into Twisted Metal 2.

Blowing up the Eiffel Tower and then parking Shadow behind the teleportation area to wait and hit anyone that comes through with the special attack, sending them flying over the edge :hellyeah:

All the levels were great in TM 2.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

the kids hate cars because LIBERAL PROPAGANDA corrupted their minds. we will never have car combat games in the future

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

In Vigilante 8: Second Offense if you open the disc tray and swap out the disc for Vigilante 8 then put Second Offense back in, you can play all of the original Vigilante 8 levels with the Second Offense vehicles

You can do this with PS1 and PS2, not sure if the functionality was retained for the OG Spiderman PS3

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Dokapon Findom posted:

In Vigilante 8: Second Offense if you open the disc tray and swap out the disc for Vigilante 8 then put Second Offense back in, you can play all of the original Vigilante 8 levels with the Second Offense vehicles

You can do this with PS1 and PS2, not sure if the functionality was retained for the OG Spiderman PS3

...I did not know this!

The limit of diskswapping for me was putting a music CD after a level had loaded and enjoying what random tune it would select but forgetting to put the game back in when the level ended.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Milo and POTUS posted:

the kids hate cars because LIBERAL PROPAGANDA corrupted their minds. we will never have car combat games in the future

Cars don't have the character they used anymore and kids only relate to lovely modern cars but no one wants to see that poo poo in a game.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Dr. Heart Collapse posted:

that was a nice trailer

twisted metal for the ps4 was sick and had a sick introduction

i enjoyed head on for the psp as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIdD8wdUGpE

On par and on theme with Diablo cinematics, crossover when? I think the world is ready, car combat arpg

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

MrQwerty posted:

i saw a clip of sweet tooth forcing some fat guy to be his friend and it actually looked decent, thinking to watch

Played by comedian Mike Mitchell, who cohosts the podcast Doughboys. They had Samoa Joe on to review Taco Bell & it was hilarious although they couldn’t promote Twisted Metal because of the strike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN494R5N6yE

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Is Axel in the show and was he named that before he got turned into wheels also how does he eat and wipe?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He doesn't, that's why he's so angry + his wish

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Twisted metal is the most acceptable way to listen to rob zombie's music.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

wow, so this is actually pretty good. who would have thought?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dick Fontaine posted:

wow, so this is actually pretty good. who would have thought?

Duck and Cover would never steer people wrong.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Twisted penis

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Its funny to release a tv show and the resounding response is "this is actually somehow surprisingly good." Its gotta feel nice to get a premise so dumb and hopeless and pull off something charming and enjoyable that nobody expected.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

still think they should find a way to shoehorn Scott Steiner into Season 2 if FAT SMOAJOE is one of the main characters

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Having Will Arnett dubbed in as the voice of Sweet Tooth is such a Pro Gamer Move.

I wonder if Samoa Joe knew he was going to be dubbed over in post or if this is another David Prowse situation.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 20, 2023

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Milo and POTUS posted:

when battletanx show

I played this one and didn't like the vibe, seemed very bleak. In retrospect it's rather derivative

The plot of Battletanx posted:

In 2001, a virus has killed 99% of the female population of Earth. Various countries fight over each other's quarantine zones, and end up engaging in nuclear war, destroying much of civilization. The few remaining women (called Queenlords) are held by gangs who have taken over small pieces of the world. The main character, Griffin Spade, had his fiancée Madison taken away from Queens, New York by the U.S. government. Griffin becomes separated from his fiancée, and New York City is destroyed. He claims a tank for his own and sets out to cross the United States to find her, battling gangs as he reaches his goal. After surviving the ruins of New York City, Griffin heads westward gaining recruits in the countryside, Chicago, Las Vegas, and San Francisco.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

battletanx owns, sorry about your bad taste in games

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

XYZAB posted:

Having Will Arnett dubbed in as the voice of Sweet Tooth is such a Pro Gamer Move.

I wonder if Samoa Joe knew he was going to be dubbed over in post or if this is another David Prowse situation.

I think Samoa Joe absolutely knew and that's why he leaned so hard into his physical acting, which is surely something you get really good at as a wrestler. As a team they were really fun.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

what a gem. that was an absolute delight

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Dr. Heart Collapse posted:

have you guys heard of rogue trip 2012

I was just telling someone about this one last week. Crazy Taxi merged with Twisted Metal and the goddamn Mighty Mighty Bosstones did the soundtrack.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

battletanx owns, sorry about your bad taste in games

Four player battletanx splitscreen on the n64 with my sisters :unsmith:

but yeah the setting actually ruled, cheesy as hell but we had a lot of fun with it

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I went to watch episode 2 and it wants me to sign up for yet another loving streaming service so no thanks. For shits sake I already pay Comcast a jillion a month gently caress of just let me watch the car and gun show.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

AFewBricksShy posted:

I went to watch episode 2 and it wants me to sign up for yet another loving streaming service so no thanks. For shits sake I already pay Comcast a jillion a month gently caress of just let me watch the car and gun show.

just steal it. really easy to do these days. not worth all that bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

AFewBricksShy posted:

Duck and Cover posted:

Lol look at you not having Sonarr connected to nbz hydra/ SABnzbd using Eweka.