Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Gobias Ind. posted:

Same to you!

With the tiebreaker in hand and more man games remaining I think you've got to be favoured at this point. My boys have some work to do.

E: Good call benching your goalies, was really hoping you wouldn't. Things looked promising with Andersen giving up 3 in the first 10 minutes yesterday and then Boston couldn't beat him the rest of the way. :sigh:

One of the first things I saw yesterday after getting power back was Andersen giving up 3 in under 10 minutes and drat did that suck. Couldn't risk starting Lyon against the Rangers, would've been 'fool me twice...' hubris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Between some scratches due to illness/injury, and a woeful week of goaltending, things aren't looking good for the Zarley Zalapski Zealots in the Denis Lemieux Memorial League finals. :smithcloud: Pieper's Popsicles are cold as ice in the clutch, heh.

Ah well, every league that expands (if you view DLML as a quasi-expansion of the LSL) needs their own version of the St. Louis Blues to accumulate runner-up trophies in the early years. :yaycloud:

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

in a true microcosm of my season, i sabotaged myself with some truly awful galaxy-brained goaltending decisions but may just get carried by some insanely lucky skater results anyways

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
that brady tkachuk statline is gonna warrant a formal protest

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

what an absolute legend

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

fancy stats posted:

in a true microcosm of my season, i sabotaged myself with some truly awful galaxy-brained goaltending decisions

Guess who elected to drop Varlamov in DLML in a (poorly) calculated expectation that the goalie stats were unattainable and it needed to be all-in on the 6 skater stats.

:eng99:

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Well I somehow have come third in DLML, my game plan of drafting first and then not doing much paid off!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

VOTE1 posted:

Well I somehow have come third in DLML, my game plan of drafting first and then not doing much paid off!
Congrats! My DLML team fuckin' collapsed down the stretch, I'm amazed I even made it to the playoffs, let alone got to the bronze medal game.

Looks like I'll at least get the bronze in LSL. Suck it corn!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Welp, no shutout in LSL. Likeliest outcome looks like a 7-7 tie that goes to Kalen on the tiebreaker unless I can scrape out a shorthanded point.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Welp, no shutout in LSL. Likeliest outcome looks like a 7-7 tie that goes to Kalen on the tiebreaker unless I can scrape out a shorthanded point.

I'll walk backwards into hell if benching the goalies today costs my team this match-up lol.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Great match Pieper's Popsicles, congrats on a superb year in the DLML, hope I get a chance to win a re-match next time around. :hellyeah:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Hate to lose on a tiebreaker (and also an empty net SHG) but congrats Kalen! Came right down to the end.

I think that makes 4 2nd place LSL finishes for me.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Hate to lose on a tiebreaker (and also an empty net SHG) but congrats Kalen! Came right down to the end.

I think that makes 4 2nd place LSL finishes for me.

Thanks Gobias! I was nervous after botching several transactions and Andersen's shutout from the bench, so I'll accept a tie-breaker win as a validation of my 'use all the transactions, every week, all year long, roster over 100 different players' strategy. :pusheen: Your season was incredible though, sorry it had to come down to a fluke SHG, especially after that 15-0 final week of the regular season (although I guess Seed wouldn't have changed anything perhaps?).

How many 1st-place finishes though, like 6 or something? 2019-20, 20-21, and 22-23 were all yours, yeah?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

i'm going to (fantasy) disneyland

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

kalensc posted:

Thanks Gobias! I was nervous after botching several transactions and Andersen's shutout from the bench, so I'll accept a tie-breaker win as a validation of my 'use all the transactions, every week, all year long, roster over 100 different players' strategy. :pusheen: Your season was incredible though, sorry it had to come down to a fluke SHG, especially after that 15-0 final week of the regular season (although I guess Seed wouldn't have changed anything perhaps?).

How many 1st-place finishes though, like 6 or something? 2019-20, 20-21, and 22-23 were all yours, yeah?

Nah the tiebreaker was regular season head to head, so you beat me fair and square. I was just feeling salty last night haha
The flukiness of SHP is what makes it an interesting stat to include. You win some, you lose some.

I finished 2nd in 2012-2013, 2017-2018, 2018-2019, and now 2023-2024
And I won in 2013-2014, 2019-2020, 2020-2021, and 2022-2023
So 4 of each now.

I've managed to make the finals in 8 of the 14 seasons all-time and 6 of the last 7 years so I've got nothing to complain about. I really enjoy this league and scouring the most barren waiver wire I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Nah the tiebreaker was regular season head to head, so you beat me fair and square. I was just feeling salty last night haha
The flukiness of SHP is what makes it an interesting stat to include. You win some, you lose some.

I finished 2nd in 2012-2013, 2017-2018, 2018-2019, and now 2023-2024
And I won in 2013-2014, 2019-2020, 2020-2021, and 2022-2023
So 4 of each now.

I've managed to make the finals in 8 of the 14 seasons all-time and 6 of the last 7 years so I've got nothing to complain about. I really enjoy this league and scouring the most barren waiver wire I've ever seen.

:yeah: to both the bolded bits

T-Bone, can I get put on the HHL wait list, and I'll check back in again come September please?