Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also by the end of NG+ you will have maxed all the stats you care about and starting to max your dump stats, so you can get into quality weapons and experiment more in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Lord_Magmar posted:

The trick is the NG+ P-Organ stuff is wild, and the NG++ P-Organ upgrades are busted good.

One of them is straight up lowering your weight tier by 1 level. I.e normal becomes light, slightly heavy becomes normal, heavy becomes slightly heavy and overweight becomes heavy.

Also remember to match your elements. Puppet = Electric, Carcass = Fire, Weapon/Human/Alchemist = Acid.

Also, also, NG+ doesn't scale over the game as much. It's kind of flatter in terms of enemy stat growth compared to the initial playthrough.

Hmm, will check the p organ again. I must've missed that. I've been putting all points into capacity so I can get to the light weight while using the wo long weapon and the best parts I have. What you're saying though will help a lot with that.

What do you mean by the weapon element? Like enemies that carry a weapon? I should be using the grinders more though for sure. I know they help a lot, I'm just lazy to buff before every attempt, which usually leads to me having very simple builds in games lol.

And about the last paragraph, you mean the end game bosses will have about the same HP as the early ones in NG+?

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

haveblue posted:

Also by the end of NG+ you will have maxed all the stats you care about and starting to max your dump stats, so you can get into quality weapons and experiment more in general

I wonder if I'll be able to max out the P Organ, looks like I will but I'm also not exploring in NG+, just rushing to the bosses.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kefa posted:

Hmm, will check the p organ again. I must've missed that. I've been putting all points into capacity so I can get to the light weight while using the wo long weapon and the best parts I have. What you're saying though will help a lot with that.

What do you mean by the weapon element? Like enemies that carry a weapon? I should be using the grinders more though for sure. I know they help a lot, I'm just lazy to buff before every attempt, which usually leads to me having very simple builds in games lol.

And about the last paragraph, you mean the end game bosses will have about the same HP as the early ones in NG+?

I think the weight thing is unfortunately NG++ not NG+, but the new tier of both P-Organ upgrades and quartz options for them is very strong in NG+.

Enemies that carry a weapon. Basically mostly the other Stalkers, but there's a couple of other notable "use acid" enemies, realistically if it isn't a Puppet or a Carcass then Acid will be best. So mainly the Alchemists that start showing up in the second half of the game are almost all acid weak.

Sort of, late game bosses will still have more HP. But the increase isn't as dramatic as the first run through in my opinion. You're not going to run into Victor still having 5 times the HP of Parade Master or more. Just like, 30% more hp now. Victor being a particular outlier because I think he has the largest HP bar in the game.

I would highly recommned gathering quartz and filling out the p-organ over NG+. If nothing else it means you won't have to do it as much for the NG++ super busted P-Organ options.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Lord_Magmar posted:

I think the weight thing is unfortunately NG++ not NG+, but the new tier of both P-Organ upgrades and quartz options for them is very strong in NG+.

Enemies that carry a weapon. Basically mostly the other Stalkers, but there's a couple of other notable "use acid" enemies, realistically if it isn't a Puppet or a Carcass then Acid will be best. So mainly the Alchemists that start showing up in the second half of the game are almost all acid weak.

Sort of, late game bosses will still have more HP. But the increase isn't as dramatic as the first run through in my opinion. You're not going to run into Victor still having 5 times the HP of Parade Master or more. Just like, 30% more hp now. Victor being a particular outlier because I think he has the largest HP bar in the game.

I would highly recommned gathering quartz and filling out the p-organ over NG+. If nothing else it means you won't have to do it as much for the NG++ super busted P-Organ options.

I'll just keep playing and hope to get all the quartz by the end of NG+. If I don't I'll look up a guide on quartz. I probably shouldn't do NG++ though as I'm worried this will make the DLC way too hard.
Unless the P Organ upgraded are actually broken lol

Thanks for the info on the boss hp btw, that makes sense now.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

P organ upgrades do make you much more powerful/enemies much more survivable. You also get new armor in NG cycles that let you take more hits. And while NG+ is a test of skill, NG++ is the typical Souls style victory lap.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Bugblatter posted:

P organ upgrades do make you much more powerful/enemies much more survivable. You also get new armor in NG cycles that let you take more hits. And while NG+ is a test of skill, NG++ is the typical Souls style victory lap.

poo poo, I forgot about the armor too.
I guess if I commit to this run, I'll need to actually explore every corner again. Or look for the boxes and kill all the big enemies. I don't think good parts or quarts will be just laying around randomly in a swamp.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Excited to do the dlc on ng+3!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Liesofp/status/1769876440194179253

A lot of those are Gamepass users, but still a very impressive number for a game most of us thought would be a joke before the demo

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah the initial announcement/trailers had me thinking it would be an interesting piece of jank but as soon as I played the demo I knew it was going to be something special.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I put it off until after the start of the year but otherwise it would've been in my top 3 for games last year. I've since been strong arming every Souls fan I know into playing it because I've got a strong suspicion that it's going to be the only thing that comes close (and is better in some ways) to the real deal until...whatever they release next lol. It's also on GamePass which helps.

I played the demo and actually bounced off it hard, 100% because dodging felt like garbage and the parry window was too strict. Then I played it for real after Sekiro leveled my gaming skills up a couple notches and was completely absorbed. It was clinched when I used the Holy Ark sword's Alter move after coming to the realization that this kpop twink Pinocchio game had more and more wonderful big stupid caveman weapons in it than any two Dark Souls games combined.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It legitimately has better weapon variety than any From game and that's before you get into the absurdly cool assembly system.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I put it off until after the start of the year but otherwise it would've been in my top 3 for games last year. I've since been strong arming every Souls fan I know into playing it because I've got a strong suspicion that it's going to be the only thing that comes close (and is better in some ways) to the real deal until...whatever they release next lol. It's also on GamePass which helps.

I played the demo and actually bounced off it hard, 100% because dodging felt like garbage and the parry window was too strict. Then I played it for real after Sekiro leveled my gaming skills up a couple notches and was completely absorbed. It was clinched when I used the Holy Ark sword's Alter move after coming to the realization that this kpop twink Pinocchio game had more and more wonderful big stupid caveman weapons in it than any two Dark Souls games combined.

lies of p was where i fully embraced unga bunga and was richly rewarded for it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

lies of p was where i fully embraced unga bunga and was richly rewarded for it

This is the way. Vig/end/str that's all u need baby, in that order. Posture damage is the most powerful status effect in any game it's present in.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

if you go full unga bunga you cannot make use the booster glaive handle to its full potential

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

if you go full unga bunga you cannot make use the booster glaive handle to its full potential

Slightly worse scaling is nothing compared to being able to shoot across a room and smash a giant wrench head into something, and its fable art is even a big windup smash!

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

drat if only there was a way to change any handle's scaling

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

GrossMurpel posted:

drat if only there was a way to change any handle's scaling

From D to C.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
The weird thing about cranks is that the interface seems to imply that you can crank a handle more than once by putting more cranks into it but once you actually collect the required number it tells you that you can only apply it once. I'm wondering if at some point in development you could just throw 2/3/4/etc. more cranks in to keep raising the scaling on a weapon all the way to S and they decided at the last minute not to let you do that.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My last playthrough was a strength build mostly using the Booster Glaive handle (cranked up to C strengtivity scaling) with the wrench, and later the puppet axe head and trust me, it works very well indeed.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The weird thing about cranks is that the interface seems to imply that you can crank a handle more than once by putting more cranks into it but once you actually collect the required number it tells you that you can only apply it once. I'm wondering if at some point in development you could just throw 2/3/4/etc. more cranks in to keep raising the scaling on a weapon all the way to S and they decided at the last minute not to let you do that.

Yeah, this is kind of endemic of the game's one real (if not major) flaw, it's not always very good at explaining some of its systems in-game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

docbeard posted:

Yeah, this is kind of endemic of the game's one real (if not major) flaw, it's not always very good at explaining some of its systems in-game.

Ah, a true soulslike.