Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

In No More Heroes there were a bunch of mandatory odd job type mini games you had to do between missions that were all intentionally tedious, like doing chore work in real life. In No More Heroes 2 they all got replaced with arcade style pixel mini games which were a million times more fun, except the last odd job where you wrangled scorpions. It was easily the worst job in the first game and was exactly the same in the second game. Suda51 ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I was just thinking about those nmh minigmes but I could only remember picking coconuts, mowing grass and the scorpion one. Nmh2 also had exercising your cat which were the worst kind of just mashing buttons as fast as possible minigame but the fat cat theming was pretty cute

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

oddium posted:

spinning the control stick in a tight circle so your character spins in place

:hai:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oddium posted:

tapping l1 in a perfect rhythm while wielding a 2h weapon

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

oddium posted:

Bayonetta having a special animation for this one if you equip the ice skates

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

amen

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Fungah! posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I6fmvp37TU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Is there any game that has craps as a minigame?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Shenmue II Duck Racing

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Chao-raising on the VMU in Sonic Adventure

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I don't usually have strong feelings about minigames but the science ones in spider-man ps4 felt like they were actively antagonizing me

dogshit.

abysmal.

the thing is you figure them out, like, immediately, and then it takes like a minute and a half to input the solution. and they're forced, and there's no time limit or fail state. and they'll make you do like 5 in a row.

tower of hanoi is also bad, for similar reasons- it takes way to long to input the solution compared to how long it takes you to figure it out.

fishing is good.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cubone posted:

I don't usually have strong feelings about minigames but the science ones in spider-man ps4 felt like they were actively antagonizing me

dogshit.

abysmal.

the thing is you figure them out, like, immediately, and then it takes like a minute and a half to input the solution. and they're forced, and there's no time limit or fail state. and they'll make you do like 5 in a row.

You can just skip those bro.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You can just skip those bro.

:doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Jenny Agutter posted:

Is there any game that has craps as a minigame?

yakuza 2 has toylets

e: misread

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!