Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hammerite posted:

so was alex the parrot a breast man or an rear end man

Alex had a thing for “seed”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Cassette Moodcore posted:

Yeah I don’t know I’m old enough to remember that lady whose face got eaten off by her friend’s chimp on Oprah and that poo poo scarred me

To be fair, that’s what happens when you try to raise a chimp as a human, give it Xanax and alcohol, and then try to take that chimp’s favorite toy.

Chimps are still terrifying and all and I wouldn’t want to be alone with an adult one, but lots of bad decisions led up to that moment.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Nips out for Koko

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

The Awesomesaurus posted:

To be fair, that’s what happens when you try to raise a chimp as a human, give it Xanax and alcohol, and then try to take that chimp’s favorite toy.

That chimp was a couple pills away from a racist tirade on Twiter

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Chimps are still terrifying and all and I wouldn’t want to be alone with an adult one, but lots of bad decisions led up to that moment.

and primates are deliberate when they want to be violent. they'll bite your fingers off, gouge at your eyes, tear at your crotch. unlike a dog which just bites whatever it can get its teeth on. chimps are just bricks of wiry muscle, even ones that were overweight like travis was.

they cant all be awesome Like Jack the Baboon

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

For good non-sex pest, non-facetearing ape content, here are baby orangutans being taught to fear snakes to prepare for their eventual release into the wild:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-jcuKT0P0o

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Cassette Moodcore posted:

So this kind of led me down a Wikipedia path from a gorilla with a nipple fetish to finding out chimpanzees are just loving psychotic and will gently caress up anything including gorillas. Look up Frodo the chimp he literally ate a human kid

I looked into it and that frodo is loving crazy. Just a sociopath ultra brute

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Looking for the nearest notary, so I can sign my gorilla foundation NDA

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Don’t be fooled by orangutans; my boy Poe knew what was up with those cats.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

You're Wrong About has a very good episode on Koko. They even cover one time that koko went in a chat room and it went as well as you'd expect.

https://spotify.link/0G1lpHRQsDb

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Frodo fathered a child with his own mother, assaulted Gary Larson, and ate a human baby. Eventually his clan abandoned him en masse while he slept and he was left to wander the forest until he died of a scrotal infection.

It's like an ancient Greek play

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
They should make a follow-up to "Koko's Kitten" called "Frodo's Baby"

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Thesaurus posted:

Frodo fathered a child with his own mother, assaulted Gary Larson, and ate a human baby. Eventually his clan abandoned him en masse while he slept and he was left to wander the forest until he died of a scrotal infection.

i didnt read that version of lotr

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Hmm, I guess what I'm trying to say is that you'd subconsciously expect an animal that has learned to speak would have transcended its perverse animal nature in some ways and the idea that it hasn't done so at all is simultaneously humorous and creepy, nawmean?

Koko never signed 'feet pics" so she is still more morally upright than humanity

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Thesaurus posted:

Apparently he died of renal failure

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Koko loved kittens and nipples. Are any of us really fit to judge

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

redshirt posted:

If I had to have a primate roomate, I'd go:

1 Orangutan
2 Bonobo
3 Ape

Chimpanzee ain't even on my list.

No homo

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

one of those 360 vr videos from a prone POV of koko squatting over you ASMR heavy breathing

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Nice write up. Lmao that the author mourns frodo's loss, then a comment adds "um, he ate a human infant " to which the author replies, "yeah... thought about mentioning that ."

The ape researchers are sick

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They want to gently caress the monkeys but are too lame so they can't close the deal

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

This thread is now for Beni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii36adRLK7g

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Thesaurus posted:

Wait, the Far Side guy got assaulted by a chimp?

I've not ever really liked chimps, frankly. Baboons, gorillas and others seem cool, if still really dangerous, but chimps have often struck me as very close to humans in sheer vitriol and I'm not sure I care for it.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

DicktheCat posted:

Wait, the Far Side guy got assaulted by a chimp?

I've not ever really liked chimps, frankly. Baboons, gorillas and others seem cool, if still really dangerous, but chimps have often struck me as very close to humans in sheer vitriol and I'm not sure I care for it.

Yes, and he attacked Jane Goodall, too.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18581665/demonic-ape-frodo-ate-toddler-chimp-attack/

They try to downplay that frodo snatched an infant from a woman to devour by pointing out that he and other dominant chimps routinely delighted in hunting and eating baby monkeys of their enemies.

I ran into this account if a sadistic ape war in the same group that sounded cool
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War

Thesaurus fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 29, 2023

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

all primates are as evil as frodo, some are just better at hiding it

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

Thesaurus posted:

Yes, and he attacked Jane Goodall, too.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18581665/demonic-ape-frodo-ate-toddler-chimp-attack/

They try to downplay that frodo snatched an infant from a woman to devour by pointing out that he and other dominant chimps routinely delighted in hunting and eating baby monkeys of their enemies.

I ran into this account if a sadistic ape war in the same group that sounded cool
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War

Geez, sounds like Chimp Caligula.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

redshirt posted:

1 Orangutan
2 Bonobo
3 Ape

1 slow loris
2 capuchin
3 macaque

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

redshirt posted:

1 Orangutan
2 Bonobo
3 Ape

"Ape" could be anything from a gibbon to a human, it's a pretty broad category

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
goriussy

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

free hubcaps posted:

"Ape" could be anything from a gibbon to a human, it's a pretty broad category

it goes without saying that the nebulak people of perkon IV are scientifically considered to be the best roommates in the universe and they happen to be apes but thats ab it out of the scope isnt it

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The heartwarming story of Koko's Kitten is available online. I'm reading it now.

https://www.koko.org/kids4koko/read-about-koko/kokos-kitten

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Buce posted:

all primates are as evil as frodo, some are just better at hiding it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJsn1QivbKM

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I haven't heard any horror stories about orangutans.... yet

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Les Os posted:

1 slow loris
2 capuchin
3 macaque

Are there any fast loris?

Porstuve
Apr 4, 2015

Thesaurus posted:

I haven't heard any horror stories about orangutans.... yet

Here’s a story from Birute Galdikas, a primatologist who studied orangutans in Indonesia:

”The Los Angeles Times” posted:

When Galdikas arrived at Tanjung Puting, native Indonesians told her that orangutans occasionally raped human females as well. She did not believe it--until one came into her camp and raped an Indonesian cook. Today, she warns women visitors who are menstruating to carry a club and not to venture among male orangutans in the camp.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1992-01-13-me-231-story.html

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Les Os posted:

1 slow loris
2 capuchin
3 macaque

You guys ever taste macaque? :grin: