Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Who is actually buying into this? We need to double sales, better just shuffle a few words around in an email and call it a day. The entire premise is absurd. It's not even a real product, it's just Microsoft Word spell check except you're paying extra for having to use a seperate app to spell check poo poo I guess?

Why can't we go back to ads being for real poo poo like Capri Sun or OTC pharmaceuticals that got you hosed up if you took too much of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
And the jingles? What happened to the jingles? They were so effective. To this day when I need lube only one things pops into my head "Lube Mobile".

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i use an adblocker op, i have no idea what you're talking about

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

tldr op you should see if theres something to help you condense that into something id bother reading

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Why do they all have to end in -ly

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Vrbo makes no sense to me. Why give your service a name that has no indication of what it is if you're trying to compete with Airbnb?

e: going to start another competing service called "Shitmotel"

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Me grammar good like

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Leroy Dennui posted:

Vrbo makes no sense to me. Why give your service a name that has no indication of what it is if you're trying to compete with Airbnb?

e: going to start another competing service called "Shitmotel"

The first time I saw a vrbo ad I thought it was for some weekend retreat commune/cult recruiting thing, I'm not sure who does their ads but they should ask devry for a refund on that marketing degree they got.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

vrbo sounds like something you’d catch from a bad oyster

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

buglord posted:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

it’s just the acronym for vacation rental by owner :shrug:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

i I use an adblocker, op OP, so i I have no idea what you're talking about.

Ftfy, no charge.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Chief McHeath posted:

tl;dr: op OP, you should see if there's something to help you condense that into something id I'd bother reading.

Ftfy.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Saalkin posted:

Me grammar good like

This goon gets it (mindful misgrammaring for humorous purposes only).

Edit: The OP's grammar was also commendable; the only mistake being the misspelling of 'separate'. I can well believe that this person does not need the services of Grammarly (however the OP's nick should be capitalized).

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Sep 26, 2023

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Pussarly

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
they make a big thing about how they help you to get the right tone across in your emails or whatever. they should do one where the user actually wants to tell the recipient to gently caress off but without actually saying gently caress off, and grammarly helps them do that

Mayor Poopenmeyer
Aug 17, 2006
Garbage ball, ah? That sound serious.

Ftfyly.

Don't forget the -ly suffix so that everyone knows it's an insufferable app that's trying to sell your data to god knows who.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"You guys almost done with that post? I've got another I thread I need commenting on."
"Yeah, I've just finished sentence two and just have to tighten up the language a little bit."

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Yes, that's bitch language they're speaking. And no, these children aren't bitch, they're American.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

iCarly

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"Would you like to wager on a gentleman making love to an alligator? The Money Plane."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

buglord posted:

it's an ad, they have to use adverbs