Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

congrats OP, hope it’s not a lemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

LOL

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

TrashMammal posted:

:five:

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

TrashMammal posted:

If it turns out to in fact be a lemon, I would look into some malpractice attorneys. No reason a lemon should ever be substituted for a kidney.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

if anyone else is giving kidneys away i will take them off your hands and pay shipping tks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

How's it going?

American Kidney Fund posted:

Acute rejection usually happens soon in the months after a transplant. Out of 100 people who get a transplant, 5-20 people will have an acute rejection episode and less than five people will have an acute rejection episode that leads to complete failure of their new kidney.

Chronic rejection happens slowly over the years after a transplant. It means your new kidney may stop working over time because your body's immune system is constantly fighting it. Chronic rejection happens to kidney recipients more often than acute rejection.