Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Bad Purchase posted:

you're saying XBB, but everything i can find about the updated vaccines says they are monovalent using the XBB1.5 strain specifically, not multiple XBB lineages

how much that matters, who knows

Let’s talk about XBB
Let’s talk about u and me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Private Cumshoe posted:

how the hell are you millions of years old

the lineage of my (all of our) dna is

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

What’s the guidance for getting a booster with a recent infection?

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Even if COVID is just a slightly worse flu (debatable), it's still a good idea to get a flu vaccine, so this one's a no-brainer.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Private Cumshoe posted:

If you're under the age of 45 you can get a gardasil vaccine too

turbo olds need not apply (dick already cauliflowered with warts)

Saying over 45 is 'turbo-old' on these dead gay forums is a paddlin'

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Mr.Acula posted:

the lineage of my (all of our) dna is

yeah well my dad is 80 trillion years old and can beat up your mom

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

current covid is a pussy rear end virus. i caught it at the end of august. im an overweight smoker and for a so called respiratory disease it was pathetic. i didn't even stop smoking weed while i had it. gently caress you covid come at me agan you dumb loser, i'll kick your rear end in round 2 as well.

im still gonna get a booster because im responsible and also i have an 81 year old uncle who is housebound and would probably not kick its rear end

current covid, this is your warning

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

why would you waste time by doing flu and covid shots separately, just do them together

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Peggy Edson posted:

why would you waste time by doing flu and covid shots separately, just do them together

because if you get them at the same time your immune system gets "confused" and you get autism

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

What exactly is a vaccine anyway?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Private Cumshoe posted:

because if you get them at the same time your immune system gets "confused" and you get autism

Many such cases!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Work is doing a flu shot clinic so I'm signed up for that.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I have COVID right now! Its pretty poo poo. Afaik only olds and vulnerable can get the jab right now but tbh I wasn't keeping up on it.

Anyway go get jabbed I am not enjoying this experience

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They should mix the covid and flu shots together so we don’t have to take two loving needles. In fact, just put all the good poo poo in one needle and pump it into my blood. All the vaccines. I’m sure that’ll raise the uptake on these things.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

el dingo posted:

Afaik only olds and vulnerable can get the jab right now but tbh I wasn't keeping up on it.

Everyone can get it and could from day 1, it was not staggered at all, because only 40% of people even plan to get it because people are loving morons

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

oh wow 2 covid threads in gbs. nice

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

el dingo posted:

I have COVID right now! Its pretty poo poo. Afaik only olds and vulnerable can get the jab right now but tbh I wasn't keeping up on it.

It's not 2020 anymore, anyone can get the vaccines anytime

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Peggy Edson posted:

in my municipality, they're only available to high risk individuals

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

oh wow 2 covid threads in gbs. nice

Good, get ur shot

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

had a coworker mention in a teams group chat he was taking a few hours off today because he felt a bit off after flu + covid vax yesterday

this triggered several screens worth of antivax screeds from 2 of the ~5 people i work with on a daily basis for the current project

:ohno:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Private Cumshoe posted:

Good, get ur shot

i can't, despite having neutropenia, i don't qualify lmao

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

in my municipality, they're only available to high risk individuals

Canadians are probably better than Americans at getting boosters so this makes sense

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Peggy Edson posted:

Canadians are probably better than Americans at getting boosters so this makes sense

only 40% intend to get the new shot in the US

:lol:

:lmao:

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Peggy Edson posted:

I'm not American, according to google it's only the vulnerable and elderly eligible for boosters at the mo

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Bad Purchase posted:

sadly there's no vaccine that can prevent posting

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

i can't, despite having neutropenia, i don't qualify lmao

Also micropenia

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!
I've already gotten three, if I get covid I get covid. Now my flu shot on the other hand...

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I need both of those, and the shingles vaccine. From what I understand, the shingles vax will destroy you for a few days, so it's best to get it on a Friday.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
And ruin your weekend?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

If you get it on a friday it’ll will likely ruin your weekend yeah

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

el dingo posted:

And ruin your weekend?

Being a teacher, if I call in sick, I have to prepare for my sub. That usually involves several hours of extra work, and it is rarely worth it.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

last time i got my COVID boosted the doctor heated up the injection in a spoon and it felt reallly gooooood

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
I got both on Monday one in each arm. Knocked me down all day Tuesday, so be ready for that.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah I had a rough time afterwards too. Both in one arm, had chills last night and I’ve felt like poo poo and had a headache all day.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Genesplicer posted:

I need both of those, and the shingles vaccine. From what I understand, the shingles vax will destroy you for a few days, so it's best to get it on a Friday.

Yup the first shingles shot kicked my loving rear end worse than any vaccine ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Shingrix is formulated for elderly immune systems that are way chill, so it has to set off all the fireworks to get them creaking into action.

It’s like if you got to the BINGO hall and the PA system will make you bleed from your ears but it’s just right for old folks.

You can get the old person versions of flu shots if you want, but the Shingles vaccine is generally only given to old people, so it was only formulated and tested at old person strength. If you’re getting at thirty on doctor’s orders because you had shingles flare up twice in your twenties or whatever, you just have to put up with the side effects.