Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Problem description: 1 of my 3 monitors has stopped working. It was working fine when I left to go to dinner, and 2.5 hours later, its not. The backlight is on, as in I can tell its "lit up" even though it is only displaying a black screen. My PC still detects it as well - the Display Settings still acts like there is a 3rd monitor, and the mouse clearly has travel time when moving from the left monitor to the right (the center one is the one that isn't working).

Attempted fixes: I tried turning the monitor off and on again. Turning it off changed nothing, but turning it back on caused some weird behavior - the other monitors flashed and started acting like I had added/removed a display and were "re-configuring" themselves to adjust. Meanwhile, the problem monitor flickered when coming back on, and I briefly saw the desktop wallpaper, before it settled back on "black but lit up screen".

Additionally, I tried rebooting the PC. This process went smoothly, and during boot up the motherboard logo/boot image displayed on the problem monitor without issue, including the animated spinning thing during the loading process. However, as soon as it got to the part where you'd be on the Windows login screen, it was dark again. The Windows long screen did not appear, but was functioning - I could enter my password and log in.

E: while waiting, I reinstalled the GeForce/graphics drivers, and selected the "clean install" option. It installed fine, no errors, but no change in the situation.

Recent changes: None recently.

--

Operating system: Windows 10

System specs:

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Annath fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd run DDU: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4699

and then try reinstalling the latest GPU drivers again.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'll give that a shot, thanks!