Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

aniviron posted:

Regarding the poor skeleton anatomy talk from earlier:

Someone didn't pay attention to the Zoobooks commercial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

UwUnabomber posted:

Someone didn't pay attention to the Zoobooks commercial.

These are the skulls of the street sharks

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

MonkeyHate posted:

My wife is recovering from surgery so I was on my own for decorating this year. Downside of that was I had to keep it simple. Upside is there was nobody to tell me I shouldn’t park the jeep on the house.

People have been really funny. It’s become something of an attraction in the neighborhood. There was a line for pictures the other day.

this is sick

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

MonkeyHate posted:

My wife is recovering from surgery so I was on my own for decorating this year. Downside of that was I had to keep it simple. Upside is there was nobody to tell me I shouldn’t park the jeep on the house.

People have been really funny. It’s become something of an attraction in the neighborhood. There was a line for pictures the other day.

lmao that rules

----------------

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Please forgive the shots through my filthy car windows

This cul-de-sac has a central grassy island, and most years this neighbor has a whole cemetery worth of headstones set up there.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lol that's awesome

How tall is that loving wendigo?? :stare:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Ooh I found a house in my area which already has their yard decorated

:effort:

I live in an extremely built up inner city suburb so hardly any of the houses around here have a large front yard so I'm not expecting much at all. :( There's probably some houses in the outer suburbs which have cool displays but I don't get out that way very often

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'm seeing a bunch of homemade Halloween decorations in my area which I don't remember seeing in previous years, looks like the kids have been doing Halloween craft projects

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

This is maybe even creepier then it should be, but maybe just because it is confusing me? "If you (I can't make this word out) trik or treat you die" but not being able to figure out that one word written in children's writing makes it more ominous to me. Like am I supposed to go "trik or treat" or not? Not knowing makes it spookier, because the consequences are pretty severe if you are to believe the warning! Maybe someone has better kid writing reading skills than me.

Swamp
Oct 4, 2023
There are a ton of fantastic yards in my area, I'll take some pictures when I get the chance.

This one is my favorite, though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Twenty Four posted:

This is maybe even creepier then it should be, but maybe just because it is confusing me? "If you (I can't make this word out) trik or treat you die" but not being able to figure out that one word written in children's writing makes it more ominous to me. Like am I supposed to go "trik or treat" or not? Not knowing makes it spookier, because the consequences are pretty severe if you are to believe the warning! Maybe someone has better kid writing reading skills than me.

A few days ago they also had a wonky hand drawn sign ordering people to only take one piece of candy but it'd fallen off and I didn't get a photo of it, that kid has some issues about trick-or-treating :v:

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Spotted on the road today:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

aniviron posted:

To be fair terrible skeleton anatomy is par for the course. I will try to remember to take photos of the skeletal birds with skeletal feathers at a local grocer next time I go.

Oh poo poo we have a new entry into this field: skeletal fruit

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I respect the hustle, audacity, and sheer number of skulls.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Thanks to ridiculously high winds, of the six inflatables on my lawn I posted before, all but the two shortest have had to be removed. I'll get them back up tomorrow through Tuesday for our party and the day itself.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
This is my Australian effort:

My budget was 100m of CAUTION tape, spray-painted cereal boxes and a front yard I can't be hosed maintaining.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
That is an aggressively Australian post.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

We have an apartment, but we do our best:

Food that we made for a Halloween Party counts as decor right?

(You can't really tell from this, but we used dry ice to make the Punch bowl Smoke)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Loving this thread. We went from not having anything to doing a last minute BJs run today and picked up some stuff including a 10 foot inflatable with a moving head and lights. Definitely gonna build on this for next year though.

A question to the smarter people in this thread…

I bought a cheap $30 fogger from Target and was hoping it would create a nice effect in our screened porch. It’s looking like that might even be too much for it, is there anything I can do with regards to positioning it to maybe create a slightly more notable layer? I never expected much but right now I can’t really see anything. Maybe facing it against the wall would be best?

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender

MonkeyHate posted:

Apparently Fox News was set up filming this earlier today but they didn’t bother knocking on the door or anything. :shrug:

Also almost forgot I got the best decoration earlier this year:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

I bought a cheap $30 fogger from Target and was hoping it would create a nice effect in our screened porch. It’s looking like that might even be too much for it, is there anything I can do with regards to positioning it to maybe create a slightly more notable layer? I never expected much but right now I can’t really see anything. Maybe facing it against the wall would be best?

We used ours to give our Skeleton tank an extra little spooky layer:

https://imgur.com/ykVvAqZ

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 31, 2023

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That effect works great! Do you find the longer it runs the better it gets? I’ve only done a super quick test so far so maybe once it’s been running some time it’ll be better

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

That effect works great! Do you find the longer it runs the better it gets? I’ve only done a super quick test so far so maybe once it’s been running some time it’ll be better

Ours is old and not great so it petered out after an hour (any longer than that and I was afraid of it overheating). I'm hoping for next year I can get a fresh one and try it again. But at it's peak, once it got running it was at it's peak after a few minutes.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Loving this thread. We went from not having anything to doing a last minute BJs run today and picked up some stuff including a 10 foot inflatable with a moving head and lights. Definitely gonna build on this for next year though.

A question to the smarter people in this thread…

Not sure if this is any help, but last year I built a sort of vestibule/shroud inside my front door out of lumber, about a 3 by 3 feet frame, and hung curtains so that it would trap the fog around the door. This way when I opened the front door, the fog would spill out toward the trick or treaters, and I wasn’t wasting it by filling my entire house full.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

This was our lawn last year:

In the future I wanna go harder into the physical props, but the blow ups are just so convenient for storage.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
This has been up all month, but finally took some pictures. I present to you the House of Dragons. They literally bought every single inflatable dragon they could find.