Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

frameset posted:

Liverpool play Man U on the 17th of December.

Reckon he'll last another six weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

God I hope so.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

After the City loss.

quote:

Asked when he would be able to replicate Ajax’s playing style at Old Trafford, Ten Hag told Viaplay: “Never. We will never play that football here because those were different players. This is also not why I came here.

Ten Hag has literally like 7 players who are from Eredivise, 3-4 directly played for him or Ajax. But he says they can't play like Ajax?

Also maybe playing like Ajax(last in Eredivise) might not be a good idea.

E: thetimesuk Manchester United are considering alternatives to Erik Ten Hag, who is thought to be “on thin ice” after overseeing the club’s worst start to a season in 61 years

Ulio fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 2, 2023

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ulio posted:

After the City loss.

Ten Hag has literally like 7 players who are from Eredivise, 3-4 directly played for him or Ajax. But he says they can't play like Ajax?

Also maybe playing like Ajax(last in Eredivise) might not be a good idea.

Simply fraudulent behavior. Who has the number for Steve Bruce.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

kri kri posted:

Simply fraudulent behavior. Who has the number for Steve Bruce.

I don't like sackings and he did have a good season last year. I would give him time but I feel like he is legit one bad loss away from getting sacked. Losing away to Fulham will be the nail in the coffin and Fulham aren't complete poo poo.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
he should get as many games as it takes to find a new manager who will run into the exact same problems ten Hag has

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
sack him, bring in steve bruce imo

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Get Graham Potter in

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

smiling giraffe posted:

sack him, bring in steve bruce imo

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Get Graham Potter in

He's already very busy watching daytime TV, occasionally opening his banking app and laughing until it's time for bed

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I know he's probably waiting for Poch to go, but maybe of United ask real nice Lampard will take the challenge on?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

fwiw I've still seen virtually no-one among the actual fanbase with a desire to change the manager in the middle of a rebuilding project because they're eighth(!) and lost to loving City with a makeshift defence including Jonny Evans and two loanees

imagine being American enough to get clickbaited into firing the manager by endless Sky Sports studio analysis and 606 weirdos, just because you think you're going to get Zinedine Zidane in (but will end up hiring Michael Carrick)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It'd be nice if Ten Hag's rebuilt midfield didn't already need to be rebuilt, or if Varane wasn't just Ledley King in a Varane mask.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The ESPN daily show spent like twenty minutes talking about how bad Man U is after the Carabao loss but like 90 seconds on 2nd place Arsenal losing to West Ham by the same scoreline.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Actually Odegaard scored one so it fully redeemed the performance

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

qirex posted:

The ESPN daily show spent like twenty minutes talking about how bad Man U is after the Carabao loss but like 90 seconds on 2nd place Arsenal losing to West Ham by the same scoreline.

They know what sells

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

fwiw I've still seen virtually no-one among the actual fanbase with a desire to change the manager in the middle of a rebuilding project because they're eighth(!) and lost to loving City with a makeshift defence including Jonny Evans and two loanees

imagine being American enough to get clickbaited into firing the manager by endless Sky Sports studio analysis and 606 weirdos, just because you think you're going to get Zinedine Zidane in (but will end up hiring Michael Carrick)

Ya from what I've seen United fans are mostly behind Ten Hag. This isn't Chelsea where one bad month can make the fans sack you.

They could easily win their next 3 games and this narrative will cooldown. Right now it's just meda/social media trying to get him sacked.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Ulio posted:

This isn't Chelsea where one bad month can make the fans sack you.

*david moyes' six-year united contract blows away down a rainy, piss-streaked alley*

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Looking at the numbers you wouldn't think he's in any sort of trouble at all - Ten Hag has a 62% win rate which is better than every other PL manager except Pep. I've ignored Ange because we're only ten games in.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 2, 2023

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
did ten hag ever recover ajax going through a slump at all or did they just farm the eredivisie the entire time. although that's a lot easier to do with their relative squad quality

the injuries don't help but it does seem the vibes are very hosed and ten Hag doesn't seem like a very good man manager

Nuclear Spoon fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 2, 2023

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Not to break up the lol United chat, but reports out of Colombia are that the guerrillas that kidnapped Luis Diaz’s father have agreed to release him.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yay

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Not to break up the lol United chat, but reports out of Colombia are that the guerrillas that kidnapped Luis Diaz’s father have agreed to release him.

Did anyone get their thoughts on Erik Ten Hag and Man United?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Erik Ten Farc

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Is de zerbi next on the list for utd? I haven't been keeping up with the gossip.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I don't think there's been any real value gossip.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I suppose everyone is waiting to see what happens with the ownership?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I hope not, de Zerbi doesn't deserve what will happen to him if he goes to United.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
You'd have to be bonkers to manage utd at the moment. Imagine inheriting a team full of flops that has the highest wage bill in the league, that's just spent almost half a billion without offloading anyone. It's not like their youth system even works anymore. Who was the last player to come through it and make an impact? Rashford? I guess Greenwood made a different kind of impact but good luck getting any money for him.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
They should bring in another guy renowned for playing in a very specific way that only works if he has his special players and can never just teach the existing international footballers at the club how to do it, sign two very expensive players then sack him so the next guy has to put together 15 unfinished jigsaws at the same time

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jippa posted:

I suppose everyone is waiting to see what happens with the ownership?

This is my guess, especially since Mr. Ineos has been making noise about wanting his own people in charge of football decisions.

kri kri posted:

Erik Ten Farc

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
new thread btw