Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
personally i would not be scared of clicking anything in this, a comfy cozy game for babies. oh no, my food meter went down and now i need to eat some cake :( :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

YES bread posted:

personally i would not be scared of clicking anything in this, a comfy cozy game for babies. oh no, my food meter went down and now i need to eat some cake :( :(

And now your water is out and you're in the middle of the salt flats and...

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've really enjoyed this but I do think it starts to sag a bit once you're trying to fix the gates and dealing with the poison and tending to the garden kind of stops mattering. It wouldn't be so bad if the waypoints or objectives were clearer, but as it is I spent a lot of time wandering around the poison area with my ring that doesn't stop the poison and also degrades when you're using it so better bring three just in case!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Once you're done with the any parts of the god plots you can just go back to gardening. In fact, you should since most of the rewards from the main quest make gardening cooler and/or easier.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SettingSun posted:

Once you're done with the any parts of the god plots you can just go back to gardening. In fact, you should since most of the rewards from the main quest make gardening cooler and/or easier.

Well, I mean, I am, I just found the quests you need to do to progress to be kind of annoying. I just cleared up the fog though so hopefully that's going to help bring me back since it was mostly dealing with the poison that was pissing me off.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would say that's much easier if you go do the west first and upgrade the reward, you can just sail through the north.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I did the canyon first as well and yeah I agree it would have been less annoying if I went the other way first.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
I didn't find the poison to be that bad because you could primarily avoid it by being just above the area with the poison, and then only really encounter it for brief bursts.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also poison doesn't really hurt you very much, you can heal through it fairly easily if you prepare some poultices or toxin clearing things.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The amulet you can craft after you give some of the shards back also REALLY mitigates the poison.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Also poison doesn't really hurt you very much, you can heal through it fairly easily if you prepare some poultices or toxin clearing things.

hell I was running around the canyon killing wraith outposts with like 3/4 of my hp bar poisoned, most of the hazards in this game just kinda Feel Scary rather than being actually dangerous. which I think works well for what they're aiming for (Cozy Game with the barest friction to motivate you to engage with crafting/prep)

having a pretty great time with it now that I have most of the tools and can focus on sculpting biomes. I loving love tributaries

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I really wish there were more buildable pieces, I would love some bigger walls, elements of the big ruined buildings around, as well as the ability to build parts on other parts. Also wall planters, I want to cover everything in vines.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Just freed my second god, and starting to lose steam on the game. It falls into the trap of each area becoming very repetitive, and while the gardening is soothing, it doesn't feel meaty enough to be engaging anymore. Also feeling swamped by the "admin" type tasks of composting the multitude of seeds in the garden and keeping it maintained.

I think that I'm going to put it down for now, and hopefully I remember all my learning when I pick it up again in six months or so.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
i'm a depraved gardening sicko who leaves 80% of items on the ground and just tosses stacks of stuff from my frogs into the composter

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The annoying bit I'm up to now is that I have to find the four Arx altars with no more guidance than 'somewhere in the Mountains' etc.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

The annoying bit I'm up to now is that I have to find the four Arx altars with no more guidance than 'somewhere in the Mountains' etc.

They have icons on your map as long as you've been near them at any point.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

There's definitely one in the Salt Flats as well.

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah, there's one in every region.

But the only regular service is very underwhelming: turning copper into keys.

Has anyone actually run out of keys?

I have a surplus of 18 of those and I've explored the entire map and I've most likely found almost all chests..

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Keys and those pink crystal things are two items I don't think I need nearly as many as I'm getting. I have yet to find a use for the pink crystals other than in an emergency if I need to get back home and was out of essence but even then it's not really a big deal at all once you get your traversal tools. I also just dug up like 25 cakes so I think I'm good on food for a while.

I do agree with Radiation Cow about the admin tasks, I think if chests properly sorted/stacked and the menus for transferring things weren't kind of weird it wouldn't be as annoying but it's kind of getting there.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
you can use frozen essence at springs to clear surrounding corruption, but thats the only other use ive seen

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

YES bread posted:

you can use frozen essence at springs to clear surrounding corruption, but thats the only other use ive seen

Has anyone tried using these on well stones? I imagine you might be able to move well stone around as portable corruption cleaners

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Too much effort compared to using a blessed drop or story-upgraded fire talisman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Blessed drops are water and magic so they’re effectively free