Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Fredrick, Hopkins, Kelce, and Slay are all better players than Stafford. With Kelce and Hopkins it's not particularly close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Keenan Allen should be up there too

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hmm, this seems desperate. He'll be on IR in a month.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1711487477620285874?s=20

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

wandler20 posted:

Wasn't the last notable thing Josh Norman did be the famous victim of a Derrick Henry stiffarm

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Harlock posted:

He's going to be an Eagle in 2 weeks for a 7th round draft pick

Teams should really start treating it as a hint to play a guy more when Howie calls up to ask if he can have him for a 2026 6th rounder

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Fredrick, Hopkins, Kelce, and Slay are all better players than Stafford. With Kelce and Hopkins it's not particularly close.

Better relative to their positions maybe but if you were drafting them tomorrow knowing the careers they were going to have and took anyone but Stafford first you’d be a fool.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

wandler20 posted:

That's not great but it still produced some really good players like Lane Johnson, Xavier Rhodes, Nuk, Cordarrelle Patterson, Travis Frederick, Zach Ertz, Darius Slay, Travis Kelce and way more quality players than that 09 poo poo show. I mean outside of Stafford, who is the best player in that draft? LeSean McCoy? Clay Mathews? Vontae Davis?

Malcolm Jenkins ruled and he's a strong contender. Alex Mack as well. Mike Wallace was real good for a while. 2009 had a handful of good players but the Top 10 mostly sucked

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a lot of good it did Detroit

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

DeimosRising posted:

Better relative to their positions maybe but if you were drafting them tomorrow knowing the careers they were going to have and took anyone but Stafford first you’d be a fool.

Unless you already had one of the 16 or so QBs that were better than Matt Stafford.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Unless you already had one of the 16 or so QBs that were better than Matt Stafford.

I mean I don’t agree that Stafford is now or has been over his career a below median QB and I think when happened as soon as he got to the Rams bears that out BUT if you’re picking first you almost certainly do not have a better quarterback than Matt Stafford

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DeimosRising posted:

I mean I don’t agree that Stafford is now or has been over his career a below median QB and I think when happened as soon as he got to the Rams bears that out BUT if you’re picking first you almost certainly do not have a better quarterback than Matt Stafford

I'm somewhat ironically cheering for the Falcons to prove this wrong by filling every other skill position with someone who should be awesome (and already is with Bijan) and having it work out for them.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MikeCrotch posted:

Wasn't the last notable thing Josh Norman did be the famous victim of a Derrick Henry stiffarm

I had to go dig this up from the 2020 AFC South thread because it was so good:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fartknocker posted:

I had to go dig this up from the 2020 AFC South thread because it was so good:

Taaaaaaa-

-ckllllllllllle

Meeeeeeeee

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

wandler20 posted:

McDermott does love a veteran voice in the room. Hopefully it's mostly wanting some experience in a turbulent CB room rather than an actual desire to play him.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'd love to see an analysis of worst overall draft classes of all time, at least deeper than listicle format.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Sono posted:

Unlike the Steelers, who did things the right way: drafting a known rapist and paying him a kings ransom.

Ben had no kind of questionable history when he was drafted. Turning into a monster came later.

Watson was in the middle of being sued for double digit rapes when the Browns gave up a kings random and mortgaged their future for him.

Try not to be so hugely wrong and dumb about this.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

GD_American posted:

I'd love to see an analysis of worst overall draft classes of all time, at least deeper than listicle format.

1992 was pretty awful.

Not a HoF player in the bunch. Most classes average like 5 to 8

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Grittybeard posted:

I'm somewhat ironically cheering for the Falcons to prove this wrong by filling every other skill position with someone who should be awesome (and already is with Bijan) and having it work out for them.

49ers did it first. Then they got a QB :(

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

1992 was pretty awful.

Not a HoF player in the bunch. Most classes average like 5 to 8

Hell, Jimmy Smith and Darren Woodson are the only guys you could even make some kind of case for them.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

That would hurt a lot more if there was literally anybody else to take

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft
I mean like if they were going to reach they should have just gone with Maclin.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Todd Haley would have just wasted Maclin anyway

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

BrownThunder posted:

Ben had no kind of questionable history when he was drafted. Turning into a monster came later.

Watson was in the middle of being sued for double digit rapes when the Browns gave up a kings random and mortgaged their future for him.

Try not to be so hugely wrong and dumb about this.

Correction: they drafted an unknown rapist and then stuck with him (twice) after becoming a known rapist

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

GD_American posted:

Correction: they drafted an unknown rapist and then stuck with him (twice) after becoming a known rapist

the twice is what really hangs in my craw. i know it's the NFL, I know how low my standards need to be..
..but still.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Nm

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Holy poo poo I didn't realize Kyle Juszczyk has been playing for a decade.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

The Puppy Bowl posted:

this is a nonsense opinion and you should feel bad for having it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
I know Aaron Rodgers, Jordan Love, and you are no Aaron Rodgers.

Views:
Week 6 already?