Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Would it be considered bad taste to dress as Russell Brand for my halloween party? Backcomb my hair and wear some of my wife's clothes. He's pretty scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot5TgvvOYdA

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

My friend did the priest one at the last party we had, except it was just a pair of little feet dangling inside the cassock.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

I remember seeing a recreation of the Enfield poltergeist on Michael Aspel's Strange but True TV series that gave me the heebie-jeebies.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

reality_groove posted:

I remember seeing a recreation of the Enfield poltergeist on Michael Aspel's Strange but True TV series that gave me the heebie-jeebies.

Oh wow, now that takes me back. Going to have to find it now.

Edit:
lmao that didn't take long:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDOCCQKHxfo

Edit 2:
gently caress me, I've had that opening theme for 'Strange But True?' randomly pop into my head for loving decades, note-for-loving-note, but I'd completely forgotten what it was from.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Oct 11, 2023

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
holy poo poo, i never thought i'd see that again. rather disappointed in my 10 year old self on watching it now because i remember jumping out of my skin when that first bit of furniture moved and not being able to sleep afterwards. i was a sensitive child

:horse:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
not British

I love that you guys turned a torture death tower into an attraction like we do with the world's largest ball of rubber bands

just a completely bleak people, absolute legends

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Our country to this day burns effigies of a Spanish catholic extremist because of his failed assassination attempt. Even though his plot failed, he was captured, tortured, hanged, and his body cut into pieces and sent around the country as a warning, that's not enough for us. 400 years later we still take the time to remind everyone of what a poo poo he was.

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

idk if it counts as a ghoul or folk tale or what but i always liked the idea of the black dog.

tbh i know the led zeppelin song better than i do the stories

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

reality_groove posted:

Our country to this day burns effigies of a Spanish catholic extremist because of his failed assassination attempt. Even though his plot failed, he was captured, tortured, hanged, and his body cut into pieces and sent around the country as a warning, that's not enough for us. 400 years later we still take the time to remind everyone of what a poo poo he was.

tbf people celebrate him across ponds now and not so much for his theocratic beliefs but his nearly blowing iconic poo poo up

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

He could have at least tried to blow up Parliament for something cool instead of just religious reasons

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Happy Halloween my UK chums :3:

How many bus services in your area got cancelled last night due to YOOFS throwing bricks through windows b/c of mischief night? lol

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Happy birthday ghosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
BOO!

Heh heh, scary.