Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
my dad has died multiple times now but it has not stuck and I hope it remains that way

he was drafted into the war in Vietnam, served as an infantryman and got shot. due to the circumstances in a story I can't hope to tell properly, he was so utterly enraged at the time that his blood pressure was near normal. it wasn't until they got him to the MASH camp and calmed him down that he finally went into shock. it took 12 hours of surgery and 55 units of blood to bring him back.

the second time he died, he was in the Army hospital undergoing treatment for being shot in the above. he went into surgery several times. one time, the anesthesiologist hosed up the dose and he coded on the table, and they had to work to bring him back. the anesthesiologist was cashiered for the fuckup.

this was all in 1968, long before he met my mom, long before my sisters and i were ever conceived. i am, strictly speaking, the son of a zombie.

my dad's medical history is long and storied. cancer of the prostate, a multiple bypass, shitloads of other things. most recently his heart was in AFib and his cardiologist decided to reboot his heart before it became a problem. then last night I found out he needed another round of that. nothing like your dad posting a hospital selfie with the caption "not dead yet".

i love my dad more than my own life but i'm kind of pissed off at him right now. thank you for coming to my DEAD Talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Okay, but how much flesh did he eat?