Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Scrambled Egg Sunday (2013)

This is just Bill Hader and Elisabeth Moss arguing in a kitchen for 90 minutes and if you look up the date on the wall calendar it doesn't even take place on a Sunday. I don't get it.

The Ghosts of Burktonville (1998)

Huge disappointment that there are no ghosts in this, just a dramatization of a legal case about a mine collapse. I fell asleep in the middle. Vincent D'Onofrio yelling at Jeremy Irons during the climax woke me up but otherwise a waste of time.

The Dust Jacket Diaries (2003)

Ashley Judd trying to pass down life lessons to her daughter before she dies or gets a divorce or something like that. Boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Realizing that Joker's message was "Thomas Wayne deserved to get got" was funny because it felt entirely unintentional.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Sourdough Sam posted:

I really didn't like this movie, but the idea of the sequel being a musical is at least intriguing. Maybe they'll rip off Norman Jewison or Bob Fosse this time.

They've named dropped Coppola's One From the Heart

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Crash (2004) was one of the first movies to make me see the value of time in how said time can be squandered. Hours closer to death and nothing to be gained from that time lost.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Most boring pointless movie : Midsommar

Just a violent boring miserable slog of a movie.

No.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
The Reckonings (2004)

I’m a sucker for found footage, but they don’t even get out of the car until the 115-minute mark. Pointless!

Gerby’s Big Book Adventure (2000)

Gerby is a name for a gerbil, not an anthropomorphic library book. This isn’t even a movie; it’s a 20-minute TV pilot, so they never get to the castle and the narrator just describes it. Pointless!

National Lampoon’s Van Wilder’s Alma Mater (2010)

I understand that they couldn’t Reynolds back, but the lookalikes they found instead are distracting. I think the title is supposed to be a sex pun? It doesn’t work!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Gerby did somehow manage to fit in that terrifying bit with the undead librarian that I'm pretty sure gave kids nightmares, though.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Leave the World Behind is almost as boring as an Obama speech of similar length.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
From what I hear it's at least somewhat interesting as a view of what liberal Qanon looks like.

im hitler
Feb 5, 2024

by Athanatos
Green lantern movie. My dad and I fell asleep watching it when I was a kid. I bought it for him recently as kind of a joke. He watched it alone and told me later that he fell asleep again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

National Lampoon’s Van Wilder’s Alma Mater (2010)

I understand that they couldn’t Reynolds back, but the lookalikes they found instead are distracting. I think the title is supposed to be a sex pun? It doesn’t work!

Yeah, it was no Rise of Taj