Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Logistics
Mar 7, 2009

Most users here don't react too well to gay posts!
I cannot seem to get my motherboard to run in Quad Channel. Admittedly, the documentation is not the clearest, but what seemed clear to me in the manual is that in order to run 8 sticks of RAM in a dual-processor configuration I would populate DIMM1 of all 8 memory channels. And I am under the impression this should result in Quad channel. However, the system refuses to post in this configuration. Ive trued clearing the CMOS, removing the battery AND clearing the CMOS, disconnecting all power cables to the motherboard and removing the battery and holding the power button down to attempt to drain the motherboard.

Due to the manuals' call for farthest-fill-first configuration I have been running A1/A2, C1/C2, AND E1/E2, G1/G2. Predictably, this is a dual channel configuration. What I don't think I have tried is A1/A2, B1/B2, E1/E2, F1/F2. However, this configuration is not listed in the motherboard manual, but I'll give it a whirl this evening.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: if it matters I am running dual Xeon E5-2690 v3's. Also, Quadro M5000 8GB.

Logistics fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU