Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I found whole cases of those Halloween Pokémon cards at Family Dollar last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

UwUnabomber posted:

I found whole cases of those Halloween Pokémon cards at Family Dollar last year.

The discount variety stores here in Australia are pretty lovely. :(

(Also the exchange rate is so bad that pretty much everything they sell is well over a dollar, lol)

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Traxis posted:

When I was a kid one of my neighbors gave out these things

We used to buy these a lot as kids. Often we would crush them in our hands/fingers to show how tough (stupid) we were.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Now that I'm a card-carrying old as gently caress the idea of someone giving those out is more terrifying than all the razor blade apples in the world. Had someone nearby give their kids them this fourth of july and the stockpile lasted for weeks. Some of us gotta work in the morning, and get off my lawn.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Loose broken sparkplugs

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Idk, you might be able to take out a few car windows

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I checked my local game store and those packs only come in sets of 50 and their store only ordered 6 sets, which will be available from tomorrow and can't be pre-ordered. Hopefully I manage to snag a set otherwise I'll have to run all around the city trying to find some.

Achievement unlocked :black101:

I turned up to the store and there were different clerks there today, I told them I was there to buy the trick-or-treat multipack and they said "Oh yeah we have that but it's pre-order only." :doh:

...... but it turned out that out of the 6 packs they'd ordered they'd only had 3 pre-orders so they sold me one anyway

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I just got mine from Costco, they have heaps of em.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Hand out these. They will dye your piss deep pumpkin orange all day. Note they will not make it taste or smell like pumpkin spice.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
no thanks i already have a severe metabolic disorder.

Try handing out something like mouse skulls and see how long it takes for the cops to show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Non candy treats?
Must be the dentist's house. Yep got a pack of floss and a mini toothbrush.
Gee thanks doc!

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
We've handed out wrist-band glow sticks the past couple of years, and it's always been a big hit with the little kids, teens, and parents.

Last year I saw some kids come to the door already wearing glow-sticks though, so I feel like I need to find something else this year.

We give out candy too, so I don't think I've ever seen anyone leave disappointed.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

A guy I know offers spooky kids books for trick-or-treaters at Halloween, he calls it All Hallows Read. He builds up a big collection of dozens and dozens of books during the year (and has a whole lot of people who grab books for him when they spot any going cheap) and apparently it's always a big hit with the neighbourhood kids. A lot of the local kids have been getting books from him for the past several years and look forwards to it.

This is awesome.
After I moved out my dad gave my old series books like Goosebumps and the Babysitter's Club away to trick or treaters one year.

My standard giveaway is juice boxes (safe for babies, I also mix in green tea and milk tea boxes).
I also recommend glow sticks (high five), slap bracelets, plain notebooks, pencils and erasers, silly glasses, rub-on tattoos, little bottles of bubble liquid, mandarin oranges (with jack-o-lantern faces drawn on the peels), and non-sweet snacks like rice crackers and nuts.
We're in Japan so I have also given away packets of furikake and the kids were happy. We don't have those Pokemon card packs here yet, because trick or treat isn't normalized, but they are a fantastic idea.

peanut fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 23, 2023

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

peanut posted:

mandarin oranges (with jack-o-lantern faces drawn on the peels)

Apparently my local supermarket chain is a big fan of this idea

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Yum I would smash that whole bag rn

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I do an homage to bobbing for apples by letting trick-or-treaters suck as many pomegranate seeds as they can out of a bowl of water in ten seconds

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

peanut posted:

Yum I would smash that whole bag rn

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
We've done stickers, little squishy balls, and those poppit fidget toys. Kids went absolutely apeshit for the last one.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Brawnfire posted:

I do an homage to bobbing for apples by letting trick-or-treaters suck as many pomegranate seeds as they can out of a bowl of water in ten seconds

You fool, if they eat too many winter will last way to long, and then what of our crops?!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

We did our group trick or treat last night and candy was always popular, and the glow sticks were more popular than the juice boxes.
I also had some party crackers (passed out at a different candy station) and there were zero leftovers so I think they were popular too.

My mother in law also handed out (raw) sweet potatoes and the kids were excited lol

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Is the ink food safe? Am I not supposed to eat the peel?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

You fool, if they eat too many winter will last way to long, and then what of our crops?!

That's a fair point. Perhaps my alternate game, "come squat for kumquats" would be more well-accepted

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oz Halloween is over, the Pokemon cards and jack-o--mandarins were super popular with the kids. If it seemed like a kid was particularly into Pokemon I'd let them take several packs and they'd get TOTALLY STOKED :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Oz Halloween is over, the Pokemon cards and jack-o--mandarins were super popular with the kids. If it seemed like a kid was particularly into Pokemon I'd let them take several packs and they'd get TOTALLY STOKED :v:

This was us. We went out with a group of kids, and then when it was over I pulled a bunch of Pokemon boosters out of my pocket to hand out as a final treat, and all the kids went NUTS.