Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Did someone jump the rail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Watching them get completely bodied with apparent total ease by House of Torture is loving bizarre.

the time house of torture worked best was when they were trios champs and a borderline comedy heel midcard act

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

ffs

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:nallears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh for gently caress'S sake END IT!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
oh mutoh's gonna count the pin that makes sense

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

"And a broken business"
He's shooting.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

think of how much better this would work if it seemed heinous and not basically an extended formula of every road to match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SANADA's title reign started so loving strong and this EVIL feud has just obliterated it and turned it into a complete joke, Jesus.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
https://twitter.com/Xaviiism/status/1711351398066004442?t=zIoJb6xVKXJeoFx6D4YjGg&s=19

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

It's over

The EVIL has been defeated

:unsmith:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thank gently caress, now let us never speak of it again.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think the more interference there was the less I believed EVIL would win.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Asking because I genuinely don't know, is that a lot for an Abema stream? It sounds like a lot but I have no idea of the scale of their audience.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

yay :geno:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rick posted:

I think the more interference there was the less I believed EVIL would win.

I never for a second thought EVIL would win (New Japan can be stupid at times, but not THAT stupid) and that played a big part in how much of a waste this entire feud felt like. SANADA just looked like a chump for a month+ and all his win accomplishes (for me) is that this dumb storyline is finally over.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

Thauros posted:

think of how much better this would work if it seemed heinous and not basically an extended formula of every road to match

So much this. That probably would've been a really fun match if it wasn't every HoT match.

Is this what watching 98/99 nWo was like?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Asking because I genuinely don't know, is that a lot for an Abema stream? It sounds like a lot but I have no idea of the scale of their audience.

As far as I remember it's not concurrent viewers, more like everyone who tuned in at some point during the broadcast. Still, it's at least 4 times the highest number I remember NOAH getting when I was watching

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

This match was for vinegar?!

...sure. Makes sense

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ok fortunately mutoh doesn't seem to be issuing a challenge to make 1.4 a three way which i was scared there was like a 5% chance of

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I had a vision of Wrestlemania 9 with EVIL as Brett and Mutoh as Hogan.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

Shame that's gonna be his last defense before he presumably loses it at the Dome. Hopefully he and Naito at least put on a banger.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Naito.

So cool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Didn't want to jinx it but my stream ran smooth as silk right up to a brief 5 second freeze as Naito walked away just now! Hopefully whatever it was that was hosed is fixed now going forward.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I never for a second thought EVIL would win (New Japan can be stupid at times, but not THAT stupid) and that played a big part in how much of a waste this entire feud felt like. SANADA just looked like a chump for a month+ and all his win accomplishes (for me) is that this dumb storyline is finally over.

Yeah it has honestly taken enough steam out of it that I am way less excited than I was when SANADA won the title and it looked like this was gonna be the match.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ok going back to the beginning to actually watch the opener beyond the reveal. just noticed a big change. house of torture seems to finally be treated as their own thing more officially. they had a house of torture chyron instead of the basic bullet club logo one they had as recently as the last korakuen

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Aww that's nice, Kelly putting over Charlton.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i don't follow british wrestling so the bosj was my first exposure to dan moloney. he came off as basically a jag alebit one with a cool finisher to me in that tournament and i didn't figure joining bullet club would change anything for the better.

i'm v impressed with this tag team so far tho. in contrast to HoT it's a breath of fresh air to see guys doing effective heel character work while still being able to have fun matches that dont rely on the exact same paint by numbers ref bump and interference spots every time.

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

id never heard of drilla before he came here but now i think hes awesome

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Thauros posted:

i don't follow british wrestling so the bosj was my first exposure to dan moloney. he came off as basically a jag alebit one with a cool finisher to me in that tournament and i didn't figure joining bullet club would change anything for the better.

i'm v impressed with this tag team so far tho. in contrast to HoT it's a breath of fresh air to see guys doing effective heel character work while still being able to have fun matches that dont rely on the exact same paint by numbers ref bump and interference spots every time.

He wasn’t experienced enough on bigger stages to put straight into BoSJ and it showed. But that brawl he had with Clark really played to his strengths and showed what he can do. And the team with Connors has really impressed

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Thauros posted:

Dan Moloney pretty good, has an amazing finisher

Drilla moloney that's my dog for real

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm looking forward to Drilla/Clark vs Catch 22 rematch that we either get in Super JR Tag League or at Wrestle Kingdom

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I once saw Moloney hit the Drilla Killa on Jeff Cobb. You could not believe my surprise when I saw he’d cut down to a jnr heavyweight.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I love the double stomp senton combo he does. Also, great body hair. More hairy wrestlers pls

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Disappointed that no one posted MECHA SHIVA in the jr title match.

Fun show, shame about the main event but hopefully that's it for HoT at the top for a while. Jr tag, six man titles, best of seven finale, STRONG title, and jr title were all good to great. I skipped Tanga/Chase and the eight man.

Wonder where Finlay goes now?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Getting turned on by Kidd hopefully

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Getting turned on by Kidd hopefully

Seriously, Kidd seems like the perfect fit as leader/front man for this new hyper aggressive version of Bullet Club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously, Kidd seems like the perfect fit as leader/front man for this new hyper aggressive version of Bullet Club.

the problem is if you put him in now hes still in the approaching his prime phase (unless people think he's there already idk) keep him leader for this stretch and then the prime stretch where hes truly ME level equals having him BC leader for whatll feel like eternity. Or youll have to cut really into his prime having him be ousted and its kind of weird. seems like a young kenny omega situation to me. a bc leader is a main event trucker usually with an arc or 2 behind him altho i guess you could argue he paid his dues in the war dogs team already.

Idk not sure hes there yet and I know hed prolly be as good or better than Finlay but ive been enjoying Fins work too.