Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

i matched with someone on tinder who has their job listed as "broadway producer." what's a good musical i should watch and say i like to impress this woman? thank you all in advance

hadestown was all the rage a few years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

im an expert on book of Mormon and Les mis.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Lpzie posted:

im an expert on book of Mormon and Les mis.

not sure having aids makes u an expert..

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Ohtori Akio posted:

not sure having aids makes u an expert..

just laying my cards on the table. if anyone has questions about those two musicals, im the thread expert.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch
i have a q

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lpzie posted:

just laying my cards on the table. if anyone has questions about those two musicals, im the thread expert.

listen you son of a bitch, i've listened to les mis probably 50 times in my life and have even read the god damned book, so if you believe for a loving second i will let you pretend to be a thread expert, you'll wear a different chain before i'm done with you

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i got into a weird jag of singing parts of down on skid row so much my wife threatened to leave me. hows that for expertise?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

smarxist posted:

listen you son of a bitch, i've listened to les mis probably 50 times in my life and have even read the god damned book, so if you believe for a loving second i will let you pretend to be a thread expert, you'll wear a different chain before i'm done with you

sorry he said it first hes expert

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

FirstnameLastname posted:

sorry he said it first hes expert

Thank you!!

you can be co-expert.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Lpzie posted:

Thank you!!

you can be co-expert.

Expert minds think alike :)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
musicals are straight

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Ohtori Akio posted:

west side story is a classic and personal favorite. my fair lady is a little more conventional and also has a lovely movie. could also go older but i don't think that would boost the cred at all, newer stuff they might have strong opinions on

Great comet but dating producers is counter revolutionary

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
musicals are bad because they're too sad. everyone always dies of aids, syphilis, toxoplasmosis, giant venus fly traps from outer space, gangs, anal hemorrhaging, bridges, or the right to establish a national bank

someone should make a musical where everyone lives happily ever after and capitalism is overthrown

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Xaris posted:

someone should make a musical where everyone lives happily ever after and capitalism is overthrown

listen to Korean revolutionary opera

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Xaris posted:

Nixon in China was already referenced on the first page

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

hadestown was all the rage a few years ago

my friends from college co-produced that and when it won the Best Musical Tony one of them had to borrow like $1500 from her mom so she could get the trophy. Theatre!!

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Pretzel Rod Serling posted:

my friends from college co-produced that and when it won the Best Musical Tony one of them had to borrow like $1500 from her mom so she could get the trophy. Theatre!!

lmao

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

lol

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
that new number from the houthis is kinda hot

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

2023 Best Musical Grammy nominees:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
anything good. i know sweeney todd isnt

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

one thing I'm certain of is that Micaela Diamond can't hold a candle to Babs

I'll give the new ones a listen

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
This is the only Musical that matters

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Ohtori Akio posted:

actually? Bitch? I seen it and it was

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
friend was gonna take his parents to hamilton on vacation. i told him no they'll probably like aladdin more. he reported back......they loved it. ftw

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Ohtori Akio posted:

missed parade but seen all the others. parade is a great score and the show rubs lost causers' noses in their complicity in racist violence so it gets a seal of approval from me despite casting ben platt

lmao, but also: it recouped in six months so hit them up for money

R. Guyovich has issued a correction as of 10:40 on Mar 1, 2024

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

saw Company this past weekend. 70% in German 30% in English. incredibile production and some of the most clever lighting design I've ever seen.

the finale "lebendig zu sein" doesn't hit quite as hard though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

How did I not know about this?