Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Earwicker posted:

"negging"? are you suggesting that saruman was attempting to seduce gandalf using 21st century pua techniques? are you high?

bitch please, it was the 31st century

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Spliffy

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

the lesser known hobbit

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gandalf was setting up the Hobbits to be a new distribution network, completely independent of Sauraman's networks.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

what if piepweed was better than marijuana like what if it was supermarijuana man

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
When Galadriel revealed the ring Nenya to Frodo in Loth Lorian, Frodo also saw her trackmarks, but was too polite to say anything. Nenya also has a flip-top compartment for blow.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Buttchocks posted:

When Galadriel revealed the ring Nenya to Frodo in Loth Lorian, Frodo also saw her trackmarks, but was too polite to say anything. Nenya also has a flip-top compartment for blow.

and it's nenya business

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Narya loving serious with that poo poo? Vilya stop it, please.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Narnia Flip-Top box.

Either way, it's none of your drat business

Cept now I'm going to re-listen to Flip-top box, you bunch of narcs

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Weedpipe

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Narya loving serious with that poo poo? Vilya stop it, please.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

In Unfinished Tales, Christopher, Gandalf's description of pipe-weed suggests the herb produces mind-altering effects and euphoria. Following criticism from Saruman, Gandalf replies, "If you used this herb yourself. You might find that smoke blown out cleared your mind of shadows within. Anyway, it gives patience, to listen to error without anger. But it is not one of my toys. It is an art of the Little People away in the West."

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Thesaurus fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 22, 2023

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.leafly.com/strains/longbottom-leaf

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Poohs Packin posted:

yes but he would've pronounced it mariHWANA and thought poorly of it as it was associated heavily with mexicans who are considered a scourge

and the women can use it as medicine for their lady troubles, as a treat

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
smokin that two rivers tabac

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Private Cumshoe posted:

and the women can use it as medicine for their lady troubles, as a treat

no, they will consume codeine or ether as white god intended.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
who needs codeine when you can blast off with all the laudanum tincture you want?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Its all morphine in the end.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Three Six Mafia would have loved Middle Earth....

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The real story was Saruman was making Fenatyl at Orthanc. Orcs are just real messed up tweakers.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Bula Vinaka posted:

Tolkein was trying to create a unique and distinct British mythology. Tobacco came after the new world, so he had to call what is smoked from a pipe something else. Perhaps it's like a mild aphrodisiac like chamomile or lemon balm tea... it has a somewhat calming effect, but it's not strong, and does not have a psychotropic effect. The user will not get "high".

hth
They have potatoes despite them being from the new world

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
OP is right. Pipe weed is not marijuana. It’s meth.

Seriously - after a little smoke, Gandalf and Bilbo decided to walk as far as their legs would carry them.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Dial A For Awesome posted:

OP is right. Pipe weed is not marijuana. It’s meth.

Seriously - after a little smoke, Gandalf and Bilbo decided to walk as far as their legs would carry them.

Why do you think Sarumon was stocking it? His super soldiers were mainlining that poo poo for forced marches etc

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Three Six Mafia would have loved Middle Earth....

I feel like Project Pat would be team Mordor, but its also cannon that he grew up in the North North so I'm not sure.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Hey JRR me and ur son Chris are smoking weed in ur attic rn, ok later

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Gandalf used the Flame of Udun to torch his pipe.

It makes you immune to a Halfling's bullshit and makes them +5 funny.

Unless you're a loving TOOK

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Took
More
Toke
:420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tooks Toke bro