Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Only cool kids are allowed to eat Kix but make sure you don't close your eyes when you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Only cool kids are allowed to eat Kix but make sure you don't close your eyes when you do

They're Mom approved, dontchyaknow?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So happy to see Grape Nut love ITT.

I thought I was alone, but now I see we are many.

Fun Grape Nut fact: Due to Covid related supply chain issues, they took a pretty big production hit, and the cereal was hard to find for a while.

It still can be, or they have a limited selection of smaller sizes instead of the big box.

I snack on Grape Nuts too, and I like em crunchier then. But for breakfast cereal, I like to them breath a bit, soften up. Congeal, if you will.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Cheerios are poo poo tier, the best boring cereal is corn flakes, or maybe raisin bran.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
raisin bran is an exciting cereal, what with the sun and all

sarujin_nz
May 1, 2006

Start the day with a bowl of proper cheerios.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cabbages and Kings posted:

raisin bran is an exciting cereal, what with the sun and all

Add raisins to PB Captain Crunch for an exciting experience

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
the only place raisins should be added to is the garbage can

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

cookies??? FOR BREAKFAST!!!!

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Oh boy! A bowl full of carbs that tastes like boiled paper. Yummy yummy yummy. Can't get enough.

When I was a kid I had a vague sense that they were healthy just because they aren't as overtly sugary as Fruity Pebbles or whatever. But actually have quite a lot of sugar. Could you imagine what that poo poo tastes like without sugar?

So why do people eat this crap? Are they just curious about what horse feed tastes like? How have they managed to sell this slop for what must be more than 100 years?
They actually don't have much sugar at all: 2g per 1.5 cups(39g). Compare a medium-sized apple at 19g of sugar. Imo it tastes better than unsweetened oatmeal and is a good compromise on that if you need healthy carbs.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The fun thing about raisin bran is telling its fans that it contains more sugar than lucky charms

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like cheerios. They’re fine op.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

those in the know just pour milk over a bowl of whoppers

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
was gonna pour myself some honey nut cheerios and then realized I don't have any milk :mad:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Jelly posted:

was gonna pour myself some honey nut cheerios and then realized I don't have any milk :mad:
make a roux

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

redshirt posted:

Here's my perfect bowl of cereal. Delicious AND nutritious.

Pour of Grape Nuts,
pour of granola.
Spoon of shredded coconut.
Half spoon powdered peanut butter.
Half spoon vanilla protein powder.
3 spoons plain Greek yogurt
Handful of blueberries
Small pour of coffee
Top with milk
Stir

That's some lazy Sunday type effort for a dang bowl of cereal. I just skip breakfast to avoid any hassle or clean up

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Khanstant posted:

That's some lazy Sunday type effort for a dang bowl of cereal. I just skip breakfast to avoid any hassle or clean up

Takes 5 minutes tops, and I'm so familiar with the formula I often prep most of it the night before, adding the refrigerated stuff in the morning.

Try it!

But, at base, mix Grape Nuts, granola, yogurt and milk.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Buce posted:

grape nuts is like the only cereal I like. christ we’re all old

I know, I'm tickled and
gearing up for a Renaissance

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Frosted mini wheats on deck

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i like this poo poo and you can get it from costco in a massive box for like $8 sometimes thats basically free

i started eating cereal again for the first time in probably 10+ years ever since our baby started drinking milk. i was like gently caress it, milk is in the fridge now lets eat cereal again.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 26, 2023

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
Total is the best cereal imho

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Buce posted:

grape nuts is like the only cereal I like.

Grape nuts are also very good. When im on a diet i like to put really cold ensure on it and

quote:

christ we’re all old

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

i like this poo poo and you can get it from costco in a massive box for like $8 sometimes thats basically free

i started eating cereal again for the first time in probably 10+ years ever since our baby started drinking milk. i was like gently caress it, milk is in the fridge now lets eat cereal again.

Same story. I went even longer without cereal, and then one day I was like, hey, cereal can be good.

That cereal looks tasty.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

numberoneposter posted:

:hmmyes: You ever try the banana version of this cereal? It’s very good also.

lolman
Jan 7, 2023

a real newbie
i never eat that poo poo

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I used to eat the "almost instant" plain oatmeal for breakfast.

I'd out some salt, pepper a bit of butter and some curry powder on that poo poo. It's was dope as gently caress I gotta tell ya.

Took some pretty dece shits when I was doing that. Regular as hell fam.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The best cereal is shredded wheat. Take one pouch, crush it, put the contents into a bowl and chow down.

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
I started eating chocolate cheerios they are rather good

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
This is now the cereal thread

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

:hmmyes: You ever try the banana version of this cereal? It’s very good also.

seconding, it's delicious

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
I like the weird tumeric coconut hippie flakes too

Sometimes gorilla munch

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

I used to eat the "almost instant" plain oatmeal for breakfast.

I'd out some salt, pepper a bit of butter and some curry powder on that poo poo. It's was dope as gently caress I gotta tell ya.

Took some pretty dece shits when I was doing that. Regular as hell fam.

Oatmeal owns. When it gets cold outside I eat oatmeal often because it's good clean sludge that warms you from inside out. It's also fun to just eyeball the water and take the gamble on whether you get a weird soup, oatmeal, or wet granola bar. I like em all

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

cheerios are quite good
know what's even better? mixing cheerios with other cereals, especially wheat chex and/or rice krispies. also really good mixed with crispix. they do not taste good mixed with special k though.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Smugworth posted:

My toddler you dunderhead

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Cheerios are fine. They're basically oatmeal in a different shape. Neither is a cornucopia of intense flavors unless you add stuff and that's ok. It's like complaining that a bowl of rice is bland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Skoora posted:

Kix always remind me of how, in fifth grade, my friend Anthony tried the entire year to make me throw up by saying the nastiest poo poo. He finally got me on the second to last day of school and I blasted Kix all over the black top.

You guys ever have Oh's? Those are like a delicacy.

Hang on, what did he say that got you to puke on command?