Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

post hole digger posted:

i use the cookie autodelete extension for firefox op :blastu:

which one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cookie-autodelete/

it takes a lil bit to get the things you want whitelisted but it’s nice once you do that.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
steam makes me sign in almost every time i start it. i made sure all the right options are selected or unselected and i tried all of the home remedies i could find but nothing works. i contacted support and they just said "idk maybe it'll work after the next update."

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
steam is pretty up there with software that respects your decisions

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
so long as that decision is to tithe 10% of your income to gaben

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this is the way

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

so long as that decision is to tithe 10% of your income to gaben

man needs to eat

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Action Jacktion posted:

steam makes me sign in almost every time i start it. i made sure all the right options are selected or unselected and i tried all of the home remedies i could find but nothing works. i contacted support and they just said "idk maybe it'll work after the next update."

steam is good about this for me, but epic games does this to me every time

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Action Jacktion posted:

the app is highly worthwhile for this imo, just tap the shield icon and point at the qr code on the screen

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Agile Vector posted:

i went to pay my internet bill and half the site doesn't work besides payments because it's all ad offer generators

Telstra changed their poo poo so you have to login to pay your phone bill now

Receive email about your bill
Click Pay Bill
Login to website
Website sends 2FA to your phone app
Open phone app
Mandatory app update
Update app
2FA has expired, login again
Open phone app
Login to phone app
Approve 2FA
Pay bill which send you to Paypal anyway

Thanks for stopping hackers from paying my bill, Telstra!

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

~Coxy posted:

Telstra changed their poo poo so you have to login to pay your phone bill now

Receive email about your bill
Click Pay Bill
Login to website
Website sends 2FA to your phone app
Open phone app
Mandatory app update
Update app
2FA has expired, login again
Open phone app
Login to phone app
Approve 2FA
Pay bill which send you to Paypal anyway

Thanks for stopping hackers from paying my bill, Telstra!

then they probably sent your payment info as url parameters in an unencrypted get request

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Bank card apps to never touch again: Wisely. Even the fukkin mobile app makes you log in again and redo the 2FA EVERY SINGLE TIME you go into it without any option to bypass or even add a biometry option

Not that I'm in a hurry to use one because holy gently caress having a cheap phone again made me remember how trash most of these mobile fingerprint scanners are

this is giving me ptsd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

well-read undead posted:

then they probably sent your payment info as url parameters in an unencrypted get request