Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

toiletbrush posted:

Beach Business

Technically cheating because I used an image as a texture, but technically that was done in Blender too so maybe its ok?

nice job here too, good sand texture? geometry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Jenny Agutter posted:

nice job here too, good sand texture? geometry?
Thanks! The pebbles and shells are geometry, but the sand is just texturing - high frequency voronoi with distance as a bump map and each voronoi island has a random colour picked from a palette of sand grain sorta colours.

I feel like the composition was rear end though so I've done a slightly tweaked version

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

toiletbrush posted:

Thanks! The pebbles and shells are geometry, but the sand is just texturing - high frequency voronoi with distance as a bump map and each voronoi island has a random colour picked from a palette of sand grain sorta colours.

I feel like the composition was rear end though so I've done a slightly tweaked version

nice, looks great. i really like the sand and the image textures here are still in the spirit of the challenge

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

did you do something for all of them?

Komojo
Jun 30, 2007

One final slightly incomplete render, for Beach Business

Yeah, I had the same idea.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
Looking good! Yeah I wanted to get mine up first cos I figured everyone would do the same thing!

Congrats to everyone who took part, this year's prompts were mostly pretty fun. I might go back and revisit some of the prompts I missed and totally half-assed.

Here's all my blend files for this year if anyone wants to take a look
https://we.tl/t-7gtnsgMebc

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

good work everyone who did stuff this year especially toiletbrush and komojo for doing so many

and feel free to keep trying them even tho its december

im still working on some, im not done yet

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i did a quick one for softest sofa

i made a little system to generate modular couches and chairs and then just slapped some volume textures on it

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
That deffo wins the award for softest sofa, good work!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

and festive fair. i ran out of steam on this one so theyre just setting up their little christmas market stall its not fully set up yet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

good work to me for being so nice to everybody in this thread :)