Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The thread title should be "Just in: Timberlake sucks!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Sorry to interrupt the thread but

mannerup posted:

followed your advice and it just raised more questions for me

https://x.com/RomanShusterman/status/1717322797855207520?s=20

I think this is a more important topic than Justin Timberlake imo.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
pager attached to the bandanna is a perfect 90s move, she's wrong

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

Cubone posted:

you've no call to get snippy with me, sir, I'm only taking you at your word :colbert:

you said that this information coming out about him vindicated your existing feelings. nobody could be blamed for interpreting that as being your stake in this, that's the plain meaning of the words you started this thread with

if you meant something else you should have said something else.
because now it just looks like you're trying to reframe your position into something more defensible, possibly because it was embarrassing for you that it turned out nobody else was plugged into the weird celebrity gossip tabloid bullshit that you were taking as assumed knowledge when you started this thread, which you titled "justin timberlake sucks", which, I'm not saying that's the case, but I think we both can agree that would be really unconvincing and pathetic if that were the case

I started with taking a victory lap over JT getting cancelled because I didn’t like him to begin with, both because of his music and his behavior towards women (this part being implied by the bit at the end of the OP about Janet). The conversation evolved over the course of the thread and his mistreatment of Britney became the main subject, a rhetorical shift which had already occurred before you made the post I gave an admittedly very bitchy response to. The change in direction of my posting is not evidence of intellectual dishonesty as you claim, it’s just what happens when you have an asymmetrical conversation involving multiple people and a subject that warrants multiple avenues of discussion.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Lurker Ant posted:

I started with taking a victory lap over JT getting cancelled because I didn’t like him to begin with, both because of his music and his behavior towards women (this part being implied by the bit at the end of the OP about Janet). The conversation evolved over the course of the thread and his mistreatment of Britney became the main subject, a rhetorical shift which had already occurred before you made the post I gave an admittedly very bitchy response to. The change in direction of my posting is not evidence of intellectual dishonesty as you claim, it’s just what happens when you have an asymmetrical conversation involving multiple people and a subject that warrants multiple avenues of discussion.

I accept your apology

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

This is sick

Your favorite artist could never beatbox and dance to it. Integrating the drummer was nasty :megadeath:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I got something for JT to suck.

I'd never let him tho. Scumbag.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
I hate all these people for dominating the radio with their crappy music. It’ll be nice when that whole genre gets shut down by chatGPT.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Futuresex/Lovesounds rules. First what, six songs? All classics

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Lurker Ant posted:

What did Justin do to Janet op? I thought they got those huge nipple piercings/hardware together to celebrate football?

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

Flowers for QAnon posted:

What did Justin do to Janet op? I thought they got those huge nipple piercings/hardware together to celebrate football?

He pulled her boob out at the Super Bowl (a move they had rehearsed using nipple shields but had decided to cut it to avoid the exact thing that happened) and then stood by while she got burned at the stake. AFAIK he’s never apologized to her or accepted responsibility, and her career never recovered from it while his did.

What started the current wave of negativity towards JT was zoomers finding out about this and wanting to know why the making GBS threads gently caress did the nation watch a woman be violated on TV and decide that it was her fault and not the guy who did the violating.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Wasn’t she wearing a “nipple shield”? Why was she wearing tear away clothing? This is all very perplexing.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

The Top G posted:

This is sick

Your favorite artist could never beatbox and dance to it. Integrating the drummer was nasty :megadeath:

:hmmyes:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'd kick a football up his home stretch if you know what I mean.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Internet Old One posted:

I hate all these people for dominating the radio with their crappy music. It’ll be nice when that whole genre gets shut down by chatGPT.

Is this the AI-generated radio future you want?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY1EIArdsto

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

remember when he set himself on fire during that pepsi commercial? the ‘taste’ of new generation indeed 🤣

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

or that time jarvis cocker mooned him. what a moment in pop culture that was

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Riot Bimbo posted:

Are you trying to say that JT and Britney lack... what, creative talent? They are both performers. At their peak, they were top tier dancers and singers.

You saying this makes me want to mention that Rolling Stones concert again. Watching it I don't think JT was anything remarkable, but I've got this real feeling like they didn't rehearse it a lot beforehand and Justin is (more or less) successfully able to read enough of Mick's behavior at the moment.

The way he's looking at Mick all through the performance makes me feel like JT was constantly looking and hoping for cues from Mick for how to move, when to sing, etc. that were never really being given.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Lurker Ant posted:

He pulled her boob out at the Super Bowl (a move they had rehearsed using nipple shields but had decided to cut it to avoid the exact thing that happened) and then stood by while she got burned at the stake. AFAIK he’s never apologized to her or accepted responsibility, and her career never recovered from it while his did.

in the longterm scheme of things, rhythm nation 1814 will be remembered by history as one of the most albums of its period, and most of jt's poo poo will be forgotten*

*if humanity survives the coming uh.. stuff

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If we're venting about bad people I know this dude Kyle that always chews with his loving mouth open and it's like UGH I don't want to see your food and also hear that smacking jfc dude

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lurker Ant posted:

What started the current wave of negativity towards JT was zoomers finding out about this and wanting to know why the making GBS threads gently caress did the nation watch a woman be violated on TV and decide that it was her fault and not the guy who did the violating.

I have a really hard time believing the fallout would have been the same if she was a white singer.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I have a really hard time believing the fallout would have been the same if she was a white singer.

I watched it happen and felt like I wasn’t seeing the same thing as everyone else. People had their tits half out for awards shows and halftime events for awhile by then and most of her boob was covered up by that nipple shield thing. It wasn’t sexy it was just weird.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Justin sewed the tear-away garment, and then applied the nipple shield while she was asleep!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

How can you blame JT for how the media reacted to the nipple slip?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Nipplegate really is the Montreal Screwjob of American Football as to whether it was a work or a shoot.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

Nipplegate really is the Montreal Screwjob of American Football as to whether it was a work or a shoot.

"Montreal Screwjob"?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

redshirt posted:

"Montreal Screwjob"?

They screwjob now?
They screwjob now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Screwjob

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

It's really quite rude to expect someone to read a pro-wrestling wikipedia article of this length

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

"Montreal Screwjob"?

They’re pretty easy to find down the seedier end of St Catherine