Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'm looking for recommendations for a new office/desk chair. I figure people can also ask about things like desks and lamps and stuff? Idk.

As far as desk chairs, there's a billion on Amazon. Some are ridiculous $500 "gaming chairs", some are ridiculous $500 Herman Miller things, and others are $50 worth of Chinesium.

I'm looking for something that is:

$200 or less, preferably $150 or less

Sturdy/well built. I'm a large Goon

Suitable for use on a hardwood floor (or I guess a recommendation for one of those floor mats?)

Preferably cloth upholstery. I have 2 cats who have absolutely destroyed the lovely leather on my current chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
For chairs, this thread might be helpful: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383243
I'm not sure there will be too many cloth chairs, as most office chairs use mesh to some degree. There may not be many "well built" chairs for your price range, but the ones I've seen recommended that are close to your budget are the Staples Hyken, Alera Elusion, and the Ikea Markus.

For desks, there's another SH/SC thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2920891
You didn't list a budget for desks but the Home Depot Husky workbench gets mentioned a lot. Ikea desks like the Bekant and Trotten seem popular as well.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
The general recommendation is to get something like an Aeron from an office surplus store. That's potentially out of your price range unless you get a killer deal, but I've seen them on craigslist for as low as $250. Even if you don't go with an Aeron, Office resuppliers are going to almost always sell equipment for 25 - 50% of the MSRP, so that's a good avenue to explore.

As a rule, anything branded 'gaming' is garbage.

Canine Blues Arooo fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Nov 2, 2023