Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Hollandia posted:

Did Lewis get given bootleg gloves or something? The branding is coming straight off.

Like the original Reebok gear quality

That UFC 30 applique has been coming off in one fight or another like every single event. It's ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That's two times in this round Lewis could have pulled back and stood up and he made the conscious decision to continue engaging in grappling.

Also, Marc Goddard, shut the gently caress up. Don't stand people up out of full loving mount.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

lewis has got him right where he wants him

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

ilmucche posted:

:hai:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ilmucche posted:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

why did he go for the takedown a-loving-gain

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i will be very surprised if he's needed

Can't wait for Sal to give it to Lewis 50-45

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Well done to Derrick Lewis for collecting a paycheck and a free hug.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Brut posted:

Well done to Derrick Lewis for collecting a paycheck and a free hug.

it was a very cuddly fight

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Curious to see how many 10-8s they give

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

what a complete and total waste of derrick lewis. boo this man

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

"did I give you guys a show or what" as the crowd has been filing out of the building for 20 minutes already

Man, I feel like Blaydes might have killed Almeida.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

CarlCX posted:

That's two times in this round Lewis could have pulled back and stood up and he made the conscious decision to continue engaging in grappling.

Also, Marc Goddard, shut the gently caress up. Don't stand people up out of full loving mount.

Personally, I was the most frustrated by Lewis' insistence to try to punch his way out of Jailton's take downs instead of actually defending them. You'd think he'd pick up on the fact that this strategy wasn't working eventually, but nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

CarlCX posted:

"did I give you guys a show or what" as the crowd has been filing out of the building for 20 minutes already

Hahaha yeah it's a bit like that sometimes. I get it though, when you've been through a fight and your adrenaline is going you feel like you have it a good effort and it's worth something. I did a Sambo competition where I felt likr I gave it everything (I'm a judo guy and totally forgot that neck cranks were a thing) and looking back at the tape it was pretty bad. But at the time I felt like I put a good fight before I tapped. I can't imagine the amount of poo poo going through a fighters head after fighting in front of twenty thousand and hundreds of thousands of tv.