Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how many domains do you own?
one
two
three
four or more
View Results

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
six i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

one time i regged six in a row

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

you got your nicks with joe?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I think I’ve owned two domains in my entire life. one was around 1999 and I did nothing with it. the other I created a website for a team.

running my own server sounds extremely unappealing. I’m pretty sure it would get hacked instantly and I wouldn’t even notice.

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020
shameful to admit, but i feel for the “generate passive income with affiliate sites!!” bullshit and now I have 50+ domains which all remind be what a doofus I was.

most of them expire this year, thank god

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:(

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

be the change you want to see (or does someone still owns it?)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

The Management posted:

I think I’ve owned two domains in my entire life. one was around 1999 and I did nothing with it. the other I created a website for a team.

running my own server sounds extremely unappealing. I’m pretty sure it would get hacked instantly and I wouldn’t even notice.

that's why you pay to use someone elses server and serve up a static site.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

I don’t own any domains, but maybe I should buy one so I can use that iCloud feature that lets you use your own domain for iCloud mail

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Zlodo posted:

be the change you want to see (or does someone still owns it?)

the extremely valuable yospos.store

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

if yospos.sucks wasnt $205/yr id buy that right now

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

i have somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 oops

021724_2
Feb 17, 2024
how many fake-data swarms do you administrate?

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

021724_2 posted:

how many fake-data swarms do you administrate?

yes

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
.website is a good one imo

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
speaking of domains, a bunch of mastodon users lost their accounts because the taliban decided they no longer want to provide dns for queer.af

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
they shoulda gone with sdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

The Management posted:

speaking of domains, a bunch of mastodon users lost their accounts because the taliban decided they no longer want to provide dns for queer.af

lol