Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

my pm started posting on yammer a while back and mentioned to us on our daily standups to check out his yammer posts

then started commenting on how there was almost no engagement at all with the posts, and reminded us that the posts exist in a pathetic effort to try to get a little like or whatever

then he stopped mentioning yammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Bloody posted:

why would anyone want that. who is this for

coked-up executives looking for a pet project visible to everyone would be my guess

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this vaguely reminds me of that last startup i was at, where they were pushing us to 'sell the company' on our social media and similar accounts, but not to openly say we worked for them

seriously. they wanted me to come in here and tell yall how great this k8s hosting provider was, you should check it out, its really kewl

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
if my job tried to make me use yammer, I would simply quit

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

one place I worked we got a "post 6 times on the ux team yammer" as one of our mbos so every year right around review season everyone posted links to exactly 6 articles about design and then never touched it again

it might have been called something else then but it was definitely sharepoint in a facebook frock

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

then started commenting on how there was almost no engagement at all with the posts, and reminded us that the posts exist in a pathetic effort to try to get a little like or whatever

oh my god he admit it

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

somebody posted "testing" on viva engage today and it has by now been seen by half of our org with several thousand people in it, because o365 obviously mailed it to everyone. even if these obscure o365 features were actually useful, i would never touch them with a ten feet pole because it's only a matter of time before you instigate a company wide outlook notification or something.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
relax now everyone can call you señor viva

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
my favorite yammer moment was when someone in the company made an out and proud post on trans day of visibility, then some dipshit from Tennessee went off on it about “choice” and other bullshit.

said dipshit no longer works here, his term date was pretty soon after.

only reason I was aware is because the coworker who got the ticket to delete the idiot’s post sent me screenshots, I never engage with anyone.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

devmd01 posted:

said dipshit no longer works here, his term date was pretty soon after.

:owned:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
lol something like that happened at an old job with an official internal post wishing people "happy holidays" where some dude decided this was a good time and place to have a meltdown about how you can't say christmas anymore because of those drat foreigners

ended about as well as you'd expect for him

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

seeing people being held accountable for their hateful views is one of life’s little pleasures

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what the gently caress is a yammer

it’s like that meme but irl?? wth

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

it’s like that meme but irl?? wth

we’ve been talking about it for two pages, echinopsis…

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

yammering on and on :rolleyes:

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

echinopsis posted:

it's a viva engage, obviously

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

I saw a couple posts and the amount of words was too much so I :justpost: regardles

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

apropos of literally nothing some rando went on a rant about the company's DEI initiative in a yammer thread started by the CEO congratulating a customer service agent for doing good job or whatever. great job y'all no notes

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

if y'all keep sharing anecdotes of chuds outing their lovely views on yammer and getting shitcanned for it i might flip to pro-yammer

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
when you get canceled on yammer they call it getting the “yammer hammer”

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

old job had saleforce’s version of yammer. it ran in adobe air constantly logged you out and perpetually needed updates. i cant find the name because it seems like sf has wiped all record of it from the planet

my attempt to find it led me to discover that SAP also has yammer knockoff

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

please yammer don't hurt 'em

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

are yammer posts called yams

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

well-read undead posted:

if y'all keep sharing anecdotes of chuds outing their lovely views on yammer and getting shitcanned for it i might flip to pro-yammer

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

my company just implemented a salesforce knockoff of sharepoint they just call “the intranet”.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we also have a site like that and they also call it ThE iNtrAnEt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

well-read undead posted:

please yammer don't hurt 'em

lol

has anyone ever seen the long form video of too legit to quit? with the huge long intro featuring heaps of celebs commenting on hammer, including eazy e going “who?” it’s fuckin worth a watch just as a time capsule and also god drat his dancers are high energy

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

lol

has anyone ever seen the long form video of too legit to quit? with the huge long intro featuring heaps of celebs commenting on hammer, including eazy e going “who?” it’s fuckin worth a watch just as a time capsule and also god drat his dancers are high energy

did Michael Jackson even ever give a poo poo about mc hammer?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

akadajet posted:

did Michael Jackson even ever give a poo poo about mc hammer?

hammer was too old for mj

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
uh

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Mr. Nice! posted:

i still don't know what yammer is. someone told me once but i forgot.

You know that 2010s trend when there needed to be a social media platform for every problem?
This was the solution to the problem of workplace attention whores.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

How is this supposed to raise cross team awareness?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I thought the thread title was some kind of lomarf gibberish but apparently it's two real names of real products people made.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
not people, microsoft

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Raluek posted:

not people, microsoft

can't blame microsoft for yammer. but they did choose viva engage which is somehow worse

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Salt Fish posted:

I thought the thread title was some kind of lomarf gibberish but apparently it's two real names of real products people made.

yeah lol reminds me of that meme/tweet