Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.
Problem description: I was just using my web browser when my PC got a BSOD. Now my PC keeps trying to restart and do automatic repair but it goes straight to BSOD over and over and says Video Internal Scheduler Error. There are weird red lines all over the normally black start up screen, and the BSOD has white lines in it. This has never happened before.

Attempted fixes: Automatic repair, system restore to two days ago, uninstalled latest updates, tried booting in safe mode but it just crashed again (idk what I'm doing, I just went for things I found on google). I talked to a Windows support person who told me to reset the computer (but keep files) and do a local reinstall, which did not work.

Recent changes: No

--

Operating system: Windows 10, 64 bit

System specs: My ex-BF built this computer for me. I'm going to copy and paste the parts from the old Newegg order:

SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 500GB SATA III V-NAND 3-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-76E500B/AM
MSI PRO B450M PRO-M2 MAX AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Silicon Power 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) 288-Pin XPOWER Turbine DDR4 SDRAM Desktop Memory Model SP016GXLZU320BDA
AMD Ryzen 5 3rd Gen - RYZEN 5 3600 Matisse (Zen 2) 6-Core 3.6 GHz (4.2 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W 100-100000031BOX Desktop Processor

Unfortunately, I don't know the graphics card, which I'm guessing is most likely to be the problem since it's some kind of video error and the graphics card was a bit older. I'm wondering if replacing the graphics card could solve the issue?

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Thanks so much for any help. I am in a panic over this as I work from my computer and I have some files that haven't been backed up yet (lesson learned...)

EDIT: A friend let me try a different graphics card and that solved the problem. Phew. Closing the thread.

Wile E. Toyota fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU