Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
wait i think i read the title wrong, are we the board as in like a board of directors??

immediately move to fire and ban peter loving hamilton from science fiction. do i have a second?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

We are the Science Fiction Board.

More communications will follow.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Gene, look, we like your stuff but you're getting a little too as the kids say "PC"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

wait i think i read the title wrong, are we the board as in like a board of directors??

immediately move to fire and ban peter loving hamilton from science fiction. do i have a second?

That seems a bit extreme. Let's just ban any of his books where a character can't help but notice how hot a fourteen-year-old is. This will leave us with... oh... hmm...

thelizzerd
Nov 12, 2021
Anything is scifi if it's set in the future right?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Get out! GET OUT!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

josh04 posted:

Get out! GET OUT!

That movie? Hm, I don't think it's really sci-fi. No, I will not explain why I think this.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

That movie? Hm, I don't think it's really sci-fi. No, I will not explain why I think this.

We think you might be the right kind of person we want on the :biotruths: subcommittee.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Got my hands on some new work from Benny Russell. I know people were wondering why he didn't seem to be in Incredible Tales any more and this seems to be why. Self-published volume, seems there's hardly any copies around, but that's for the best. Wouldn't recommend. I liked his stories before but it just feels like he's gone in a much more political direction. Can't quite put my finger on what gets my goat about it but the whole thing just feels... irritating. Every time that Sisko guy starts talking I just feel like throwing the book across the room. Some good news for serious fiction though - Incredible Tales is back again, after strangely going absent for a month. Definitely worth checking out. Rossoff's done it again, and K. C. Hunter's new one is excellent - now there's a man who knows how to write.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

wait, that Russell book actually exists? I thought it was a rumour someone made up

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Look sales of sci-fi are way down, I think we seriously need to reconsider our stance on letting the "sexy vampires" sub genre into the sci-fi genre. Just remember how much our numbers went up when we let the "sexy Frankenstein" genre in, and this one would be ten times bigger!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

dr_rat posted:

Look sales of sci-fi are way down, I think we seriously need to reconsider our stance on letting the "sexy vampires" sub genre into the sci-fi genre. Just remember how much our numbers went up when we let the "sexy Frankenstein" genre in, and this one would be ten times bigger!

they have to be space vampires

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Jazerus posted:

From space?

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Tree Bucket posted:

From space?

They suck the spaces from sentences

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I am suing all of you for plagiarising my short story "The Space Succubi of Sensuon Seven"

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

dr_rat posted:

Be careful, you go down that road and pretty soon you're gonna have Jason in Space, or The Leprechaun in Space, and... oh wait...

brb posting in the "scariest things in space" thread

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Mr. Asimov there have been some allegations. That you're writing another book!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Jazerus posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

databasic
Jan 8, 2024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJ6Ei3RtKM

This is how I imagine any member of the SA Sci Fi Board would react to anyone who is not on the SA Sci Fi Board, goon or no.